portable ipod speaker suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jesuscandle, Nov 25, 2006.

1. jesuscandle macrumors regular

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up some portable iPod speakers. I think in my case portability takes precedence over sound quality. I'm thinking typical usage will be tossing these in a suitcase in preparation for a weekend with some buddies in a couple of hotel rooms.

I saw the JBL OnTour speakers on Amazon and they looked cool and had a good price. JBL also makes their OnStage version which seems a bit fancier, but is probably more expensive than I want.

Anyone out there have the OnTour? Any other suggestions?

2. barnacle macrumors regular

barnacle

i have the JBL onstage system. this is the speakers i use on the beach. i have no problem with it,, BUT,,almost every time i use it on the beach, my ipod will freeze up. never happens in the house where is use the jbl as a dock only with other speakers. i have decided it must be getting hot?
    other than that,, i like it just fine.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm a fan of iHome2go. It small, protects your iPod from water, dirt(iPod goes inside of iHome2go) , it support all iPods, plus anything else with a headphoee jack, runs on AA batteries or and plug in the wall.

4. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

I've found these are quite good. Rechargeable, comes with a credit card remote and a smooth case. About 1.5" thick, so good for sliding in the side of your suitcase. I'm away on business a lot and I got them for listening to my 'pod in hotel rooms too:

Logitech MM-50

5. barnacle macrumors regular

barnacle

an update on the onstage speakers. i found if i don't put the ipod in the dock slot, just plug the headphone to headphone cord into the ipod and jbl i don't freeze up any more. course it is not charging then, but i guess we can't ever get everything?