Portable Media Centre

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by atif.muhammad, Nov 1, 2004.

1. atif.muhammad macrumors member

i'll assume all of you have heard of the PMC. It doesn't seem too bad does it? However, the thing that ticks me off is that it uses MS Windows?! How could Creative use Windows?

Well, then again, Apple wouldn't let them use OS X and Linux would be a waste of time.

What do you lot think?
    Was Windows the right choice?

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i think it has basically been developed by microsoft, that is why it is running on it.

as this article on bbc shows, people dont want portable video, they just want small music playing devices like the ipod. therefore the microsoft rubbish will fail or will atleast be well and truly funded by microsofts billions till it does sell a few!

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Whats with all the linux/microsoft posts atif? :rolleyes: Seems you've been wastlelanded a couple times recently....Are you a troll or a mac user? :eek:

4. atif.muhammad thread starter macrumors member

nah, im not a troll i just like discussing the differences between mac and windows and i also like talking abt everyone's hatred of MS

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It would seem that fueling hatred of MS is more like it.

Creative makes most of their money on x86 machines, why would they use anything but Windows? They made a half-hearted attempt at a sound board for Macs and when people didn't leap at the chance to buy the board, they refused to continue, even denying driver updates.

Let Creative do whatever they want. It's not as if they matter to most of us. I'm more interested in M-Audio.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Because we are Mac users (and a lot of us also Windows users) we are not all Microsoft haters. A lot of people with a Mac couldn't live without Office, and who makes it? Oh, that's right...:rolleyes:

...these threads of yours just get weirder...looking forward to the next one...:confused:

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Funny every time I see these threads, it seems like some of the music from the Wizard of Oz should be playing in the background... ie, the Scarecrow's song.

Edit: I'd add a Click Me gimmick, but alas that would be too mean. :eek:

8. *Y* macrumors regular

i don't know. Some of the devices look pretty cool for mobile video while traveling and stuff. Of course I wouldn't want to carry one of those brick around with me everywhere but they seem ok. Besides Windows is not that bad. Of course I would not trade my mac for anything but for mobile video/audio/photo Windows is ok. :eek:

9. russed macrumors 68000

russed

how long till atif gets banned? shall i take bets? i will soon be able to offer unlimited prizes!

10. atif.muhammad thread starter macrumors member

why should i be banned?
    i've done nothing wrong. i've just been expressing my own opinion

11. atif.muhammad thread starter macrumors member

just coz you lot dont agree with me doesnt mean i should get banned
    i've just got a much more weird way of thinking that you lot.

12. russed macrumors 68000

russed

correct! as i said before, you havent been expressing your opinions, you have just been blurting out statements.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And double posting.....a lot.

I can't imagine people bringing a brick with them to watch movies. People don't need access to movies as much as access to music. So if I were to use it for music most of the time, it's just a very big iPod, and while it doesn't show movies, it's a better size for me to carry on the 99.98% of the time that I wouldn't be watching movies on it. I guess if you watch movies on it more than 50% of the time, it could be worth it.

And Portable Media Centre: Hmm....sounds very marketable. "Portable Media Centre" practically rolls off the tongue.

14. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

My brother asked my parents for one of these crap things this morning. They're going to Hong Kong so I guess he thought it may be 'cheap'.

I'm tempted to break it when it comes just to annoy him. He bought one of those £250 Sony NetWalkmans or whatever and it broke after 13 months. Now he wants this crap. When will he learn? An iPod is the way to go. :rolleyes:

Ironically, out of my close family 7 of us have iPods :D