Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
im sorry that you have had problems, but im sure if it was an overwhelming problem apple would do something about it. my powerbook adapter has been fine since the day i got it, and my gfs powerbook adapter has had no problems either.

Talk to apple, see if your useage is abmornal than what they intended for the adapter or see if there is some other problem.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
PlaceofDis said:
im sorry that you have had problems, but im sure if it was an overwhelming problem apple would do something about it. my powerbook adapter has been fine since the day i got it, and my gfs powerbook adapter has had no problems either.

Talk to apple, see if your useage is abmornal than what they intended for the adapter or see if there is some other problem.
I have had one power adapter fail (the old "flying saucer" type), which I replaced a year ago with a new "brick" style adapter. No problems here. Maybe your electric supply there is power-surging? Perhaps you need a better surge protector?

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
my original white brick died, about a year and a few months after i bought my 12" PB.

i sure hope the new one will last longer than a year or so...

knock on wood.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
My original power adapter died about 7 months after I got my powerbook, and just yesterday my new (3 months old) power adapter died. I get the feeling it may be my computer...

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
comictimes said:
My original power adapter died about 7 months after I got my powerbook, and just yesterday my new (3 months old) power adapter died. I get the feeling it may be my computer...

it could be your computer i guess... but also highly doubtful.

you should definitely sign the petition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.