portable projector?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Exum, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Exum macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2006
    I travel with a Powerbook G4, 12" and love it. I also love Keynote - much easier to use than PowerPoint. The problem is hooking my Powerbook up to other people's projectors. I can't seem to count on it working, so I end up using PowerPoint, which is a drag.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, lightweight portable projector?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    After much searching and comparing myself, I bought the InFocus LP 70+. It weighs less than four pounds. InFocus sells an even lighter smaller model for a bit more money. All of the smallest and most compact models are DLP, not LCD, if that matters. One discovery I made early on is having your own projector gives you the luxury of calibrating the color output with ColorSync, which hugely improves the image you and your audiences will see on the screen.

I wonder why you're having problems connecting your PowerBook to projectors. I've never had any issues. One trick is to open the Display preferences and select the setting "Show displays in menu bar." This will add a very handy "Detect Display" option to the menu bar. It's always worked for me when an external display failed to sync.
  3. Exum thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2006

Thanks very much for this useful advice. I will check into the projectors you mentioned and provide some feedback to the board on what I learn.
  4. mlrproducts macrumors 6502

Apr 18, 2004