Portable sound recorder

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by harveypooka, Nov 13, 2005.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Does anyone know of any high quality portable sound recorders? I am a student, so price is quite an important factor. I need it to record a wide variety of sounds from quite quiet, low noises all the way up there. Stereo is a must.

2. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Looks nice...a snip at £400! What sort of audio recording capabilities do the new iPod's have? It wouldn't be good for what I want (I think) but I heard it had stereo recording?

3. Shasta macrumors member

another vote for the maudio

I've heard that the new iPod (5th g) can do stereo, but I have no info on sample rate etc.

the maudio lets you record from MP3 quality to 24/96 (that's at least twice as good as CD) but not only do you need to invest in the recorder but also a larger memory card. and you will probably want to upgrade from the included mic.

welcome to the expensive world of pro audio

Shasta

4. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmm. Definitely worth a look then. I'll try and find some UK suppliers and get pricing. So, if I record at the highest quality, what sort of card am I going to need to record 60 mins? If it's anything like DV, it's going to be a monster! And I can also imagine this could be an expensive hobby.....