Portable wireless speakers with AirPlay support

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ggarnold, Nov 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 65816

marzer

If you don't need battery operated.

3. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

Check the altec lancing 5000 AirPlay speakers. My set was half of zeppelin cost.

4. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Bose do a nice one. The first gen was a bit poo second gen solves most the issues

5. macrumors 68040

Arran

How about this: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DS3881W-37-SoundRing-Wireless/dp/B005HY4UIW

It's Airplay, rechargeable and portable. The stainless steel 'disc' it sits on is actually a charging base: You just lift the black 'donut' off the base and take it wherever you want music. When you're done, drop it back on the base and it recharges.

There are controls on the unit for Vol +/- and play/pause. These remotely control the Mac/iPhone/ipod/ipad that you're streaming from - so everything stays in sync which is cool.

I recently bought several for the house to replace some airport expresses and a motley collection of speakers. By keeping everything similar and simple in each room I'm hoping the wife and kids will actually start using them. The previous setups had manual volume, power ON/OFF, etc., so they didn't always work first time (which means they weren't used much at all).

Probably not worth $300 full price, but you can find them on clearance in Marshall's/tjmaxx right now for $99. An absolute steal.

Attached Files: