Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Post have been removed on portenzo, p&q's, and treegloo's fb page when it puts them in a bad light. I'm more surprised that you are surprised. As for offering a cancellation, what did you expect from your dissatisfied post on their fb page?

x2..it's their wall page not a "free and open area of discussion" - shout it from the rooftops here, but I'd eliminate it their too - all the vendors do....try and put some crap on an apple support forum page and see what happens....

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Sadly, I posted a reference to this forum on TreeGloo's Facebook page and despite just stating my opinion, it was responded to by TreeGloo with an offer to cancel my order. Thats their awesome customer service? I was impressed up until that point. And interestingly enough, they removed the post shortly thereafter. And I simply stated two things: that my Portenzo order would arrive before my TreeGloo order, which was a surprise to me, and that from reading this review, I was expecting to be happier with the Portenzo order. Their response was that the case in the review was defective and that they would cancel my order if I wish.

Now, what if that review had been done on engadget or Cnet or something? Do you think those editors would have been okay with getting a defective product and held back on their review? Im sorry, but the response I got was not one I expected nor one I would get from a company I would do business with. I am letting the order proceed, but only to compare both products myself as each individual iPad owner has different needs. However, mark my words, I am guessing my order gets delayed a third time and I dont see the case arrive for quite some time now. If this happens, you can expect to see a full review of this here. Hopefully, I will stand corrected with a quality TreeGloo product in hand.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. I saw your post on the Treegloo Facebook page, and was pretty surprised by it. You said, according to a MacRumor Forum review, that the Portenzo was much better than the Treegloo, and there was no comparison. That's a little stronger than your characterization of your post. If you think that, fine; but what kind of response do you expect from Treegloo on their Facebook page?

I'm still waiting for both cases (expect my Treegloo on Monday). I'll probably prefer one over the other; but wouldn't think of going on either's Facebook page to bash their product.

jca666us

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2005
Sorry, I have to disagree with you. I saw your post on the Treegloo Facebook page, and was pretty surprised by it. You said, according to a MacRumor Forum review, that the Portenzo was much better than the Treegloo, and there was no comparison. That's a little stronger than your characterization of your post. If you think that, fine; but what kind of response do you expect from Treegloo on their Facebook page?

I'm still waiting for both cases (expect my Treegloo on Monday). I'll probably prefer one over the other; but wouldn't think of going on either's Facebook page to bash their product.

Regardless, I think Treegloo deleting any comments is short-sighted.

I do a search from google for "Treegloo Portenzo" and these forums come up as the first or second link.

Treegloo should be using these negative comments as an opportunity to improve their build quality. I love the options they provide and the customer service is stellar, but (IMHO) the build quality looks average.

Once you customize a Treegloo or Portenzo case, they will cost about the same. Treegloo should be focusing on making the build quality of their cases comparable to Portenzo instead of deleting messages.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Regardless, I think Treegloo deleting any comments is short-sighted.

I do a search from google for "Treegloo Portenzo" and these forums come up as the first or second link.

Treegloo should be using these negative comments as an opportunity to improve their build quality. I love the options they provide and the customer service is stellar, but (IMHO) the build quality looks average.

Once you customize a Treegloo or Portenzo case, they will cost about the same. Treegloo should be focusing on making the build quality of their cases comparable to Portenzo instead of deleting messages.

a couple things you're still wrong on.... - just because they delete posts on their home commercial page at FB does not mean they are not making improvements based on feedback - see my post here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1132242/

a std black TG vs std black Port is $35 vs 60 - close to 50% cheaper.

In the internet industry FB is known (or was) as the "myspace for business" - everyone dumps posts that are deemed bad for business. Macrumors and other non-partial forums are the spot for negative comments and I can assure you they read everything here - every case mfr does.

Last edited:

jca666us

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2005
Glen,

I know Treegloo is steadily improving their cases based complaints and customer feedback.

However, I think for a company that prides itself on customer service, removing customer comments is wrong.

Deleting that comment shows that Treegloo agrees with the poster.

If you have a superior product, it will always stand in the face of criticism.

a couple things you're still wrong on.... - just because they delete posts on their home commercial page at FB does not mean they are not making improvements based on feedback - see my post here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1132242/

a std black TG vs std black Port is $35 vs 60 - close to 50% cheaper.

In the internet industry FB is known (or was) as the "myspace for business" - everyone dumps posts that are deemed bad for business. Macrumors and other non-partial forums are the spot for negative comments and I can assure you they read everything here - every case mfr does.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I'll end this tennis match by repeating my post:

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Glen,

I know Treegloo is steadily improving their cases based complaints and customer feedback.

However, I think for a company that prides itself on customer service, removing customer comments is wrong.

Deleting that comment shows that Treegloo agrees with the poster.

If you have a superior product, it will always stand in the face of criticism.

Maybe Treegloo should have left the post up. Why I was surprised by the original post, was because the poster had no first-hand knowledge of either case (Portenzo or Treegloo), but was stating as fact that the Portenzo was way better than the Treegloo case. Treegloo responded that the poster could always cancel his order if he wished.

I've seen posts on all Facebook pages (Treegloo, Portenzo, Pad & Quill) about folks who have gotten cases with problems. The company rep vows to make things right. This, however, seemed to be a wise-guy who was intentionally baiting Treegloo.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
The reason that most business kill the bad posts is you have no idea of the validity of the post. It could be vaild, it could be a 12 year old kid in Nebraska, or it could be a competitor employee trolling and creating problems. You just don't know. Watch here, like every site, there are people shilling their wares by posting - "look at this new case! I like it" - and posting a link to ebay or whatever. Does he really like it? or is he a kid from china trying to free advertise? who knows? It's the nameless, faceless internet!

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
The reason that most business kill the bad posts is you have no idea of the validity of the post. It could be vaild, it could be a 12 year old kid in Nebraska, or it could be a competitor employee trolling and creating problems. You just don't know. Watch here, like every site, there are people shilling their wares by posting - "look at this new case! I like it" - and posting a link to ebay or whatever. Does he really like it? or is he a kid from china trying to free advertise? who knows? It's the nameless, faceless internet!

Bingo.

If you have an issue with a product, send them a professionally worded e-mail or give them a call and explain your situation to them. Most companies are much more receptive to an attempt to communicate your issues with them on an adult level rather than flaming them on a marketing tool they use (FB, Myspace).

benjayman2

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Bingo.

If you have an issue with a product, send them a professionally worded e-mail or give them a call and explain your situation to them. Most companies are much more receptive to an attempt to communicate your issues with them on an adult level rather than flaming them on a marketing tool they use (FB, Myspace).

hear hear just send them an email. From my experience they reply even if it's 3am :p

KapteinJuan

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah dude, with all due respect, you were just being a dick. I totally understand why they removed it, and they were being much more respectful in their reply to you than they needed to be.

Why the hell would you post (something similar to) 'omg your competitor's product is so much better' on a company's facebook? It's just lame and disrespectful.

As can be read on this forum, there are people that prefer the Treegloo to the Portenzo. To each his own. No need to be an ass about it.

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
I delete annoying posts on my page as well...who doesn't?

Still trying to decide what's the best case for my 2...

jca666us

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2005
I'll end this tennis match by repeating my post:

And I'll reiterate - what's bad for business is deleting posts containing information that can be easily gleaned from elsewhere on the Internet.

No one gives a crap what the "Internet Industry" thinks of Facebook. Really.

A company either answers criticism honestly, or not. By deleting posts, a company makes it appear as if they have something to hide.

tfskora

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
And I'll reiterate - what's bad for business is deleting posts containing information that can be easily gleaned from elsewhere on the Internet.

No one gives a crap what the "Internet Industry" thinks of Facebook. Really.

A company either answers criticism honestly, or not. By deleting posts, a company makes it appear as if they have something to hide.

I don't know how i feel about this issue. On one hand I understand why they would delete it, but on the other hand, it's not like it was something flat out calling it a piece of ****. If you go on their facebook and write a bunch of crap with no basis, that's one thing to delete. When it's a review of the product, good or bad, it should be left on there.

I posted my review of portenzo on their facebook page. They didn't delete it, they actually went on macrumors and commented on the issues i had.

JC5280

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2010
I delete annoying posts on my page as well...who doesn't?

Companies that are secure with their product. If you sold something and FB was one of your marketing tools, you would make wise PR decisions. Unfortunately, not all companies do.

And I wasn't being a dick. Here is what I wrote:

"Just saw the Portenzo and TreeGloo side by side comparison on MacRumors and am very happy I kept my Portenzo order! Now if I can just get them to ship my 3/20 order (that was not custom or modified after the fact)"

I then added that based on this review, the Portenzo was the better product.

Clearly opinion, and I wasn't basing it off of rubbish, and i wasn't slandering or being a troll. Just stating opinion, something that forums such as MR are the better forum to do so in. Do I agree with TG's right to take it off? Sure, I was surprised that they did so though. Did I think their response that the case reviewed was a defect and that I could cancel my order was a good one? Not a great response in my mind, could have been handled differently, and certainly factors in to future business they will not see from me. But again, my opinion. If I had been told this in a retail store, I would have walked out.

Seems there is a lot opinion shared on their wall and here that is worse. They had just around 150 fans on their page at the time. The reason many companies will remove negative comments is that they fear the numbers of viewers that may see a comment. In the "old days", a simple email can be ignored and with social media sites, the message is spread regardless. If I was truly trying to make them look bad (which that wasn't my intention) they couldn't stop me from creating a page devoted to slandering a product. Of course, I just vote with my money as I explain in a minute. Keep in mind, the negative reaction to filtering opinions on a page can sometimes be worse than counteracting by responding to it. Thats PR 101. But I am not expecting them to follow the norm, they are a small company that is focused on one thing right now. Fulfilling orders.

Additionally, I think they started off with some great customer service. I saw some great response times from them and really was surprised that I am likely getting my Portenzo before the TreeGloo. My comments were centered around the review that was done on both products. With shipping times that have been misquoted to numerous people on here including myself, its frustrating. But no, its just an iPad case. My iPad is sitting in another case right now, and I am not stressing about it. Seriously, its a case for a tablet. Some people get really worked up by their case not getting to them right away. But for me, I am done sending them any of my comments or feedback. I vote with my $70 (TG has already taken this but has offered to give it back). I am not satisfied with the experience and unless the TG case is far better quality than the Portenzo, I will likely not be a return customer.

So be it right? We are all consumers, and the benefit of online forums like this is that companies can listen to their customers. Most, they will never hear from. But these forums filled with opinions, good and bad, are tools that they can use to strategize their product offerings. Good companies that plan to be around for a long time will listen. Others will not. Thats business.

tr1age

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
NYC
Companies that are secure with their product. If you sold something and FB was one of your marketing tools, you would make wise PR decisions. Unfortunately, not all companies do.

"Just saw the Portenzo and TreeGloo side by side comparison on MacRumors and am very happy I kept my Portenzo order! Now if I can just get them to ship my 3/20 order (that was not custom or modified after the fact)"

Clearly opinion, and I wasn't basing it off of rubbish, and i wasn't slandering or being a troll. Just stating opinion, something that forums such as MR are the better forum to do so in. Do I agree with TG's right to take it off? Sure, I was surprised that they did so though. Did I think their response that the case reviewed was a defect and that I could cancel my order was a good one? Not a great response in my mind, could have been handled differently, and certainly factors in to future business they will not see from me. But again, my opinion. If I had been told this in a retail store, I would have walked out.

Seems there is a lot opinion shared on their wall and here that is worse. They had just around 150 fans on their page at the time. The reason many companies will remove negative comments is that they fear the numbers of viewers that may see a comment. In the "old days", a simple email can be ignored and with social media sites, the message is spread regardless. If I was truly trying to make them look bad (which that wasn't my intention) they couldn't stop me from creating a page devoted to slandering a product. Of course, I just vote with my money as I explain in a minute. Keep in mind, the negative reaction to filtering opinions on a page can sometimes be worse than counteracting by responding to it. Thats PR 101. But I am not expecting them to follow the norm, they are a small company that is focused on one thing right now. Fulfilling orders.

Additionally, I think they started off with some great customer service. I saw some great response times from them and really was surprised that I am likely getting my Portenzo before the TreeGloo. My comments were centered around the review that was done on both products. With shipping times that have been misquoted to numerous people on here including myself, its frustrating. But no, its just an iPad case. My iPad is sitting in another case right now, and I am not stressing about it. Seriously, its a case for a tablet. Some people get really worked up by their case not getting to them right away. But for me, I am done sending them any of my comments or feedback. I vote with my $70 (TG has already taken this but has offered to give it back). I am not satisfied with the experience and unless the TG case is far better quality than the Portenzo, I will likely not be a return customer.

So be it right? We are all consumers, and the benefit of online forums like this is that companies can listen to their customers. Most, they will never hear from. But these forums filled with opinions, good and bad, are tools that they can use to strategize their product offerings. Good companies that plan to be around for a long time will listen. Others will not. Thats business.

Sigh... >.> Does anyone else think this person is stuck at the good ole age of 14 when even if your logic was flawed you were right because you could say it over and over again =P

Hun, take a deep breath, stop posting irrelevant items on facebook walls in the hopes for free ****.

Carry on.

Austin512

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
Potenzo & Treegloo

Has any one else been getting really bad information and commits from both of these companies? Don't mean to complain, but it appears a competitor that can deliver to commit, with a quality product, is needed and will dominaten the market.

Austin512

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
In agreement

Could not agree with you more and having a similar experience.

What's amazing to watch and listen - when other companies take business based on a better product that hits commits and they can't understand why.....

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
You guys can whine and complain all you want that sites owned/sponsored by a company should be free and open but it does not work that way. Not for Portenzo, Treegloo, Apple or Ford. But that 's why Macrumors and others are here - so you can bi**ch up a storm. But you're not gonna protest on the lawn in front of the building that they own.. That's business - except in the Obama "everything is equal world"....

route42nj

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
My Treegloo case had a minor defect with the wood frame holding the iPad in place and I shot them and e-mail with a few pictures to help them identify the issue and they were more than receptive and offered to ship me a replacement with a return shipping label for the defective one.

I understand when you order a custom handmade case there are bound to be a few with some flaws. I sent Treegloo a very courteous e-mail and they replied in kind. Wasn't difficult.

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
My Treegloo case had a minor defect with the wood frame holding the iPad in place and I shot them and e-mail with a few pictures to help them identify the issue and they were more than receptive and offered to ship me a replacement with a return shipping label for the defective one.

I understand when you order a custom handmade case there are bound to be a few with some flaws. I sent Treegloo a very courteous e-mail and they replied in kind. Wasn't difficult.

Too many people with this same problem - I'm getting worried. They need to put an iPad2 in each case, turn it upside down, and shake it before they ship them out. If it comes loose then they need to fix it.

Mine should ship next week - hoping it doesn't have this issue.

JC5280

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2010
Too many people with this same problem - I'm getting worried. They need to put an iPad2 in each case, turn it upside down, and shake it before they ship them out. If it comes loose then they need to fix it.

Mine should ship next week - hoping it doesn't have this issue.

Agreed. And I don't think it is a coincidence that their shipping has fallen weeks behind and numerous defective cases have been going out. Those replacement cases are likely moved to the front of the queue.

JC5280

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2010
Sigh... >.> Does anyone else think this person is stuck at the good ole age of 14 when even if your logic was flawed you were right because you could say it over and over again =P

Hun, take a deep breath, stop posting irrelevant items on facebook walls in the hopes for free ****.

Carry on.

Why does a conversation have to degrade into personal attacks? Is anyone moderating this forum? :confused:

JC5280

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2010
I gotta say, my Portenzo is an amazing case. Everything fits beautifully, and it just looks classy. Its shipping was much faster than the TreeGloo case (which hasn't even shipped yet) but I still use the word "faster" very loosely. I am very satisfied with the Portenzo product.

Funny to hear people say that Facebook is not the proper place to post comments about a product. Go look at some major brand pages on FB and you will see both positive and negative comments. Thats the way the internet works. How the company chooses to respond to it is what can make the difference in companies. But many companies have PR knowledge and will handle appropriately.

Sadly though, when these forums are reduced from a mature conversation into personal attacks, just by some folks to get the last word in, thats when I realize I am dealing with someone who is not at the maturity level of most others on here. So I refuse to respond to such nonsense and politely leave these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.