Portland, Oregon iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by engelke2010, Mar 3, 2011.

1. engelke2010, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011

macrumors 6502a

Which Apple store in the Portland area is the best one to go to? I was at the Washington Square one in Tigard for the iPhone 4. But since I don't have to work that day and it is later on in the day, I want to go to the one where I have the best chance of getting one and not having to wait that long.

2. macrumors 6502

Im going to pioneer square about 1, but my gut tells me its going to be packed.

3. macrumors 6502

I live in Troutdale, I will be going to the Pioneer Square location and I suspect that it will be PACKED. Bridgeport Village and the Tigard location are also on my list should I call and they have them (if Pioneer Square doesnt have what I want).

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about going to the Pioneer location also, but I guess I will go to the Tigard one. I'll be there early afternoon. If I'm not able to get one there, I can always try the Best Buy mobile store, AT&T, Target, or the regular Best Buy that are all either at the same mall or very close.

5. macrumors 6502

going to Washington Square instead......still undecided on time to get there.

6. macrumors member

I will be going to washington square, as I have been there for every past launch!

7. macrumors member

Wish I could be there with you guys! Hopefully I'll be able to get one soon :)

CJ: I'm sure for the iPhone 5 we'll be in line next to each other again...like the launch of the 3G and the 4...!

Good luck everyone!

8. macrumors member

Hello?

Okay, I'm here... Where is everyone else?

9. macrumors member

Already man :eek: ? Damn....! Is there anyone else there?

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

My thoughts exactly... I thought I was being overly safe by going at noon! Is there a line yet?

11. macrumors newbie

Jeybee

FYI, I just phoned and there are apparently about 30 people in line so far as of 10.15am.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info. I might leave earlier than I had planned just to be part of the fun. I just worry about losing my place in line if I have to leave for a few minutes.

13. macrumors newbie

Jeybee

This is at the Pioneer Place store btw. I'm there now and it still seems to be 30. Not growing fast.

14. macrumors member

At Washington Square there are probably more than 60...

15. macrumors newbie

Jeybee

There are about 45 ish I'm guessing now. Store employee just got estimates and said limit of 2 per person.

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in line at Washington Square. Doewn't seem like too many people. The Apple guy I spoke to wouldn't say how many they had, but that i would definitely have my choice. It's gonna be a long 4 1/2 hours +, but it will be worth it at the end.

17. macrumors 6502a

spblat

I'm behind you, around 75th. Apple dudes are telling us we will definitely have access to an iPad, but no guarantees as to which models will be available.

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I gotta say I am thankful for Dick's Sporting Goods. They have a decent chair on sale for $10. Even if I use it only this nce, it is worth it. My back can't take sitting on the floor. It was nixe that Apple employees let me leave for a bit.

19. macrumors 6502a

spblat

Word. I am thankful for my wife, who was kind enough to bring me a chair since I didn't plan ahead. This floor is hard!

20. macrumors newbie

Nooo!!!!!

I'm at the Washington Square Mall. They have the line divided into 3 sections: one in front of the store, one under an atrium, and one behind the atrium off into another wing.

I just heard some employees talking quietly to each other that they have about 70% iPad 2, White, Wi-Fi Only, 16GB, and only about 3-4 each of the other varieties. They were making it sound like not everybody would be getting anything good, unless of course you want a white crappy small iPad.

21. macrumors 6502a

spblat

Everybody freak out!!

22. macrumors newbie

what about best buy portland

23. macrumors newbie

I called Best Buy and I guess they gave employees a chance to order them all first and they're all gone already. They might have 6-7 or so.

24. macrumors regular

bump for downtown? any word? thx.

25. macrumors 603

No iPads as of this morning.