Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carsfeverguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
Hello everyone,

I have to create some content in Portrait orientation mode for a commercial display. Any tips to create the content in imovie in the 9:16 format?

How about creating animations in flash. How can I make those to be portrait orientation movies.

Any help is appreciated.

Theo.

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Hello everyone,

I have to create some content in Portrait orientation mode for a commercial display. Any tips to create the content in imovie in the 9:16 format?

How about creating animations in flash. How can I make those to be portrait orientation movies.

Any help is appreciated.

Theo.

I've been creating content for all types of in store displays and always us a horizontal 16 x 9 canvas and do everything so when its rotated 90 it will look proper. I have an external display hooked up to by MBP and have the rotation set to 90 degrees so i can see what the final output will look like.

carsfeverguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
I've been creating content for all types of in store displays and always us a horizontal 16 x 9 canvas and do everything so when its rotated 90 it will look proper. I have an external display hooked up to by MBP and have the rotation set to 90 degrees so i can see what the final output will look like.

Imovie doesn't let me type vertically, as well, when I flip everything using the crop button, it doesn't fill the 9:16 format.
Help

carsfeverguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
I still need help. I don't understand how to create proper formatting to fit a portrait orientation movie with Imovie.

Will final cut pro let you edit and create in portrait mode?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.