Positive Apple care experience

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bhennies, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Hey,

thought I'd share a quick success story. My wireless keyboard was acting funny for a couple months...I got fed up with it...called applecare...got a new one next day free of charge...put the old one back in the included box with the preauthorized return label...called DHL (they came an hour later) and sent the old one back...all done within 24 hours. Not a penny out of my pocket and great service.

2. tykles macrumors member

glad to hear you had a good experience with them. I had an almost identical situation with my Airport Extreme Base Station, and also had a swift and painless resolution.

3. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Sweet! Here's hoping your luck is with me too when I call tomorrow about the dead firewire port on my 23" display.

4. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Wow, maybe I should get apple care for my 15" PB. Didn't want to get it since my G3 PB never gave me problems. However, I do not want to take the chance.

Thanks Bhennies and tykles for sharing. By the way, you both don't work for Apple right? Just kidding.

Again, thanks :)

5. tykles macrumors member

no, i definitely don't work for apple. re: pb's and applecare, the consensus seems to be that it's pretty much a necessity. with that said, there are also some interesting stories from people who said that they'd wait to make up there minds, and apple called them back with better offers. i just ordered a 15"pb myself, and i intend to hang out and see if they'll give me a break before i buy the extra 2 years.

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I got a box, shipped 1 day air to me 'cause my PowerBook had issues. DHL came yesterday (Monday) and picked it up.

I miss it.... :eek: :(

7. Southbridge macrumors regular

Southbridge

wait... but how much does it cost to buy a new keyboard?

8. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar