Possible Details on iPhone in Canada

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PygmySurfer, Jan 12, 2007.

1. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

I don't know how reliable this information is, but John Wiseman has posted some info relating to the iPhone in Canada. It'll be with Rogers (oviously - when're we going to see another GSM provider in Canada?), and it looks like they're going to force a data plan with it, which truly sucks. It also looks like 6-8 months after the US release before we see it in Canada. So not the best news for us Canadians, if it's true.

2. ventro macrumors 6502a

That sucks. At least it will encourage us to wait for second generation :p

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Thats the truth... I was thinking of one as a graduation present next year... but, not now. I live in the States, but work in Canada often, so I need to be able to swap my Rogers and Cingular SIM cards like I do with my ROKR right now. I'm encouraged to wait. I wish the rumors were true that this phone would be sold from Apple with no plan, and you could do whatever you wanted with it.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Cool, I use Rogers, but I hate them. I just like my phone number too much to change.

BTW, what's data plan?

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Can you carry your number over to another provider? (It's a law in the U.S., but I wouldn't know about Canada).

A cell phone plan that allows your to transmit & receive data along with voice (for web browsing, email, etc.).

6. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

No, we can't carry our number to another provider. Otherwise, I would have changed already. :(

Thanks.

7. butaro macrumors regular

will change soon

Number portability