possible hope

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by arghhhhhhhhhh, Jun 22, 2006.

1. arghhhhhhhhhh macrumors newbie

anyone who agrees with this statement tell me

the world is degrading in quality and happiness.

however. i think there could be possible hope, IF, you look at it this way.

think of humanity as a human, now humanity is about three years old now, it does not have the wisdom and the maturity to be able to make the world a near-paradise.

then you just look at this way.

each,............ 7 seven years is one day of life for the combined infinity of our metaphorical child, so in that sense, world war 2 was a temper tantrum and now is when this child is getting angry and is chucking something at the wall.

so if you look at it that way,.... there may be possible hope for the world.

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

Seriously, what are you under the influence of?

4. arghhhhhhhhhh thread starter macrumors newbie

am i truly the only one who thinks that the world is going insane?

terrorists car bombs child abuse torture even the stuff we think is ok like imprisoning a sentient live chickene for it's entire life and almost torturing them as we kill them

5. arghhhhhhhhhh thread starter macrumors newbie

am i the only mature person here who watchs the news and actually listens to the troubles in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Are you enlightened and do you have a Secret?

7. arghhhhhhhhhh thread starter macrumors newbie

no all i do is listen.

i could give you a full list of the horrors of the human mind but it would take up about 5 pages

8. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

This is a very beautfiul sentence fragment.

I don't have any idea what the "wall" is in your metaphor.

I like that you wonder.

9. arghhhhhhhhhh thread starter macrumors newbie

wall of the poor orphan kid's house

you want to know something horrible!

people are going to openly hate me for this
    and i am still wondering if i will press the reply button
    but i think it's possible that this world(earth)is the hell described in somany religions

10. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

11. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

no...
    maybe if your wrote what your thinking of in a more understandable way than people would understand what you're talking about

12. arghhhhhhhhhh thread starter macrumors newbie

13. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Perhaps not the most mature way to express that thought.

Personally, I think that things are not getting worse. I simply think that we're increasingly able to see what's happening almost anywhere, and, since bad news sells best, we see a lot of bad news.

Do I think things are all rosy? No.

Do I think we're all doomed? Also, no.

I came to this thread suspecting it might need to be closed, but I confess to a certain degree of curiosity about where it might go... as long as rules are followed.

14. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

i tend to stray away from the negative views of the world. There are a lot of bad as argghhhh so kindly pointed out but there are also a ton of good. As "A Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley infers.... how can you judge good with out a counter point to base against . i look at the brighter side usually

15. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I thought this was about the cubs chances if they can win the weekend series in Minny and St. Louis drops a few more ...

16. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

Hang in there with the cubbies... i have been watching the tigers for 8 years and look at them go!

17. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

"Still, a man believes what he wants to, and disregards the rest..."
    Paul Simon

If you believe that human suffering, injustice, child abuse and torture (and, if you want, people killing and eating animals in inhumane ways) are unique to this time in history, then your perspective is yet narrow.

There was no golden age, young one. You are outraged, and rightly so, at what you have recently come to know. With maturity, you will realize that these outrages have been part of humanity since the beginning of time -- and that there is far more to the world (good AND bad) than is encompassed by your understanding.

To live in this world, an essential skill is to be able to pick and choose the battles we fight. To rage against every injustice is the path of madness. To apply ourselves to the things we CAN change is healing.

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Is it wrong that I saw this, thought it was something Yoda would say, and then translated it into Yoda-speak in my head?

And, really, how bad can the world be when one can do that - especially with a Yoda widget to help with it?

19. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

whatever it is I want some! :D

20. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

21. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Let me rephrase. I don't understand what the wall stands for in your metaphor.

You have the kernel of a short story.

The challenge, of course, is to write it.

I'd be glad to read it over PM.

22. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I really don't get why newbs like you come to MacRumors.com and post about weird things like this. There has to be a more appropriate forum website for you.

23. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Yes, his "Secret Blend" he smoked right before posting. ;)