Possible Macbook Discoloration Update

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by paleck, Jun 26, 2006.

1. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Found from Digg: http://digg.com/apple/MacBook_discoloration_not_caused_by_oil_or_perspiration_
    http://5thirtyone.com/archives/419

If this is a dupe I apologize, I did a quick search and didn't see this anywhere.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

so what's it caused by? :confused: That doesn't make any sense.

3. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

I wish I knew. My only guess would be the heat being generated by the macbook causing some chemical change in the plastic to change the color. Only problem with that theory is then it most likely wouldn't be cleanable as some people have been able to do.

4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

It's from the lack of sacrificing virgins to the computer gods...the computer gods are mad I tells ya!

5. TonySwartz macrumors member

Mine is on hold with no time estimated for return at Apple repair right now.

I talked to a guy on AppleCare today who tells me Engineering said they have no idea when they'll be done with it, what they will end up doing with it, or when I'll see it again. He said they've been doing extensive testing on it.

6. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Wonder what extensive testing they could be doing.... Comparing shades of white and yellow :confused: :p

7. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I don't know how it changes color even some possible chemical reaction. my macbook is not that hot. palm rest is really cooler so I can't see how heat could change the color as yellowish. I heard that there are some defective products out early. it's about 50,000 units. I don't remember website that provides more detail. I forgot. so got bad luck