Possible new concept design Iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thonet, Feb 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 6502a

3. macrumors 6502

Would love it! Always felt (still do) that if the iPhone 5 was slightly wider with the length that it is now, that it would be perfect.

4. macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

5. macrumors 6502

iPhone6

The size is still too small. Your increasing the screen by only .5. Lets do bigger so we can read and work on the smartphone device.:mad:

6. macrumors 6502

...but how much is it possible to change the looks if you want a minimalistic smartphone? I mean, I don't think they will make a round one or a triangular one just to make it different... ;)

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it's very similar to 5, but 5 is also very similar to the 4. The intention is to make it more wider, but that's enough,if not then it would be a tablet. I preferred it more rectangular and 1mm thinner. I think there will be more space to distribute hardware and may place a wider battery, and the screen will be a more wider, as I think it is very close.

It could also be considered as iPhone 5s! :p

8. macrumors 68030

Mlrollin91

That's what a tablet is for...

9. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

What happened to the ceramic glass panels on the back to allow signal to pass through?

And I know camera tech will evolve rapidly, but is it even possible right now to place the camera back to back like that? I haven't seen how deep the current camera sits in the iPhone.

10. macrumors 6502

This

11. macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Interesting, but here are my constructive criticisms:

• The camera is off-centre for a reason: so you can grip the phone with a hand below it (when it's in landscape with the left side down).
    • The breaks in the outer band and the glass windows on the back are there out of necessity and so it's very unlikely that they'll be gone in the next design. The top and bottom pieces of aluminium function as the antennas and the glass windows on the back are there to allow good signal transmission. A purely metal casing would result in terrible signal.
    • For reasons stated multiple times around the site, it seems very unlikely that the display size will increase any time soon. For example, Apple's current marketing emphasises that the display was made longer, but not wider, in order to keep the one-handed use comfortable for the many people who enjoy it (me included).
    • Apple experimented with touch (capacitive) buttons on the 3rd-generation iPod and haven't used them since. They realised how awful they are!

Sorry to comment so negatively. Apart from these problems, it's a pretty realistic and interesting concept design!

12. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. While it looks nice, there really isn't any difference between that and the current iPhone.

13. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Exactly. I mean, I love to complain about how small my 15" MBP screen is for watching movies but then I remember I have a 42" TV in the same room. Go figure.

14. macrumors member

The back looks smart...

Very similar looking to the 4 and 4S.

15. macrumors 68020

Agent-P

While I agree with the rest of your points, I would argue that capacitive button technology has greatly improved since those days. Plus then home button failures wouldn't be an issue. I could see Apple moving to a capacitive home button.

16. macrumors 68000

TyPod

I think it's very poorly rendered and looks too similar to the iPhone 5.