Possible New iBook? (interesting photo)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by holy MAC!, Jun 13, 2005.

1. holy MAC! macrumors regular

Hi, I'm not a fan of people who post random rumors, but here is something interesting i came across on the net.

go to http://www.att.com . refresh a few times, and you'll see a front page that will have a notebook that looks something like an ibook.

I attached a screenshot.

It's interesting in that it definitely looks like an iBook. It has the right hinge, and the all-white design (even with keyboard). However, some of the ports are on the right hand side, and the exhaust that is typically on the left hand side of the iBook is now on the right, and is also a tad smaller.

It may be a good photoshop job, but why would they bother making the exhaust smaller?

Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

• pic.png
      pic.png
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Are you sure it's not just a "flipped" picture of the left-hand side? Could it be a different revision of the iBook than the one you have?

3. archosage macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure that the computer is a white Medion laptop. I've seen in in the store and I'm certain that that's what that computer is, my friend has one as well. Looks like an ibook, but it definitely isn't.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It might be mirrored and it might be an older iBook as well....

D

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It's definitely not a "flipped" picture because the iBook basically has the same lay out of the connectors as the 12" PB, with the two networks, 1 firewire, 2 USB and a headphone all together. It's an interesting picture though.

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Well there have been rumors that a re-designed iBook has been doing rounds on the east coast.....

It would make sense for a slight re-design and the pic looks like its just a bit thinner and the ports have been re-located....

We will soon know though as iBook updates have gots to be upon us in the next few weeks..

ShaDOW :cool:

7. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The Medions here all have a bigger gap between the screen and the hinge though. :confused:

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

From Dictionary.com
    FEW = Being more than one but indefinitely small in number
    Emphasis on indefinitely
    600 more weeks would be small in comparison to eternity :rolleyes:

LOL... I'm holding my breath

I told my son and daughter to wait on new iBooks months ago because they should be out any day :eek:

Now they are saving for Powerbooks

Woof, Woof - Dawg

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So Steve's evil money-making scam is working. :D

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

SHHHHHHHHH....
    Genius at work

Woof, Woof - Dawg

12. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Could be, but why on earth would AT&T have an unreleased iBook?

Also, there is no FW port in this picture, and if the iBook were mirrored, the port would be there.

Course it could be photoshopped out.

Also, it makes more sense to have the USB ports on the right, as then you don't have to make your mouse cord go all the way around your computer is you want an external mouse.

Though I think having the combo drive on the right is better too so I don't know what to think.

Actually. I like the ports on the right. Let them stay there.

another thing. the corner by the left palm rest looks square possible photoshop evidence?

13. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

thats exactly the problem i found with the current USB ports being on the left it was a nuisance when using usb mouses..

ShadoW

14. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Actually I find it quite handy to have the ports on the left when using a mouse because then I don't have an enormous length of cable doing nothing - it's round the back of my iBook out of the way.

15. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think it's an old iBook, where they just flipped the picture and photoshopped out a couple of the ports and made the grill smaller in order to give a cleaner look to the illustration. It's easy photoshopping, and it'd be absolutely ridiculous to use a secret new iBook for a stock photo in an ad.

16. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Agreed.

17. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I agree with the photoshopping, and disagree that it's an old iBook, the keyboard looks more like the G4 iBook and the top is a lighter grey. Both signs of a G4 iBook.