Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yablochnik

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
I personally do not see any use for colored iPhone shells, but people seem to enjoy 5th gen iPods (which I also didn't like that much).

The overall idea of a cheaper phone is great, however, I'll surely buy one to replace my 3GS.

bassfingers

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
The reason to buy iPhone is product quality, not price. That's what makes Apple different. No need to start a race to the bottom IMO

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010

jaymzuk

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
The reason to buy iPhone is product quality, not price. That's what makes Apple different. No need to start a race to the bottom IMO

Perceived quality. When top end Android phones and iPhones go head to head, they're not as night and day different as many on this forum would like to think.

And the low cost iPhone is an indication that smartphones are becoming commodotized. With so little differentiating features available between brands, Apple realizes that they will have no choice but to start competing on price.

iOS7 adds a bit of spit and polish, but little more. Those irrational buyers that Apple had in the palm of their hand may start to think twice.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
For those complaining about the color, just choose another one...

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Green is my favourite colour, although Apple has never done it in a shade I like. Odd when so many apples are green. I would have to go with a red Apple if I wasn't so happy with my iPhone 5. But I do prefer the rounded corners of the shell in the image.

I hope there is some texture to the plastic so it isn't as slippery as my iPhone 3G was.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
its fake

however because the cell industry in canada is still broken I'm not buying one. The iPad mini data plan and the voxer app seem to do just fine.

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
In the photo that shows the inside of the back cover, it looks like there is a gap at the bottom that looks like the old 30-pin connector would fit perfectly.

I'm calling fake.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
How ugly. Cheap and ugly products don't seem to be what Apple stand for. I'm doubtful of this 'cheap iPhone' rumour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.