Possible sale on Macs at CompUSA 12/4/2004?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jsw, Dec 1, 2004.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

According to an email I just got, CompUSA is having a cost + 7% sale on all computers (and other things) on Saturday, December 4, from 8AM-11AM (local time, apparently).

I have no idea if Macs are already sold at cost + 7% or not, but there's no disclaimer indicating that Apple's aren't on sale.

Whether or not this is valid or useful, I thought I'd share it and let everyone (in the States) make up their own minds as to whether or not to go....

Attached Files:

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Well they do have 10% off everything else in store. Very nice.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I thought I saw or was told something about 7:30-9:00am that day so I held off on getting a new Mac just for this reason. Yes- my friend that works for Apple told me to wait(now I know why) and look at CompUsa on Macs. So I guess I can wait but I hope they giveMacs that same deal :p It will save me a good amount of money :cool:
    Thanks for the reminder and times to attend :)

4. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

Looks like Compusa is doing something just for apple Thursday Dec 2nd, 7 am - 9 am. Here is the link.

5. photo-video macrumors member

What a joke

I showed up this morning at my local Comp USA at 7:00 am. I was the only customer there at the time. I showed up and found that the Adobe software was discounted at 10% off, the iPod accessories discounted at 15%, and some VERY MINOR deals on useless stuff.

What a waste of time. The way Comp USA was hyping this I thought it was going to be a good sale ... NOT

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

So how about the refreshments? If you were in need of iPod accessories the 15% is a good deal. Getting 10% off means that here in Massachusetts after Sales Tax you save 5%.

7. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

But still, someone who went looking for decent deals might not be too happy after saving $6 on a few iPod accessories... I'm going on Saturday to the Salem, NH store to see if maybe, just maybe, the iBooks/PBs are on sale. If not, I'll just shop up north for a while.

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

LOL

Apple computers at dealer cost plus 7% would mean they would be priced about 3% higher than Apple Store prices.... wattadeal!

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

9. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yeah, I figured the margins were pretty slim... but, hell, I'll go anyway.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We had better hope that our Attorney General doesn't monitor these forums. :D He definitely is going after those that purchase cigarettes on the internet without paying taxes.

11. ASP272 macrumors 6502

ASP272

Thanks for the notice. I just happen to need a new yo-yo adapter for my iBook, so maybe I can get an extra 10% off. I was planning on going Saturday morning anyway. Cool beans! :)

12. BartoK macrumors newbie

I just spoke with the manager at my local CompUSA who was good enough to look up what the sale price will be on a 20" iMac G5 tomorrow morning. Don't hold your breath...

He told me thatCompUSA will sell the 20 for $1888 in their "Cost + 7%" sale. A whopping $11 savings...hardly worth being up at 8am. :confused:

Looks like I'll continue to look forward to the January Expo!

My first post! I hope it's useful!

13. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Good to know! I figured it'd be small savings, but $11 is less than I figured. In essence, the Black Friday sale was the one.

But, of course, that implies you might save up to $20 on a new dual-2.5! :rolleyes:

But maybe margins are different on different lines, so I might go anyway just to see. I mean, if there's a 0.5% savings on the iMac, who knows if the PB savings are better? My savings might even cover the cost of gas!

14. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

E-mail only

Yeah, just got back from Compusa about an hour ago and at the buffalo store the only way they will honor that sale is if you got an e-mail from them and bring in the print out of it. :mad:
    Looks like i'm off to the Apple store in the am to get my iBook there :D

15. dotnina macrumors 6502a

During Thanksgiving, CompUSA had 10% off all computers $400+ on their website (maybe in store, too, but I didn’t go there). The discount included Apple -- I was pretty surprised. Hopefully they’ll do the same discount again soon. :)

16. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

Anybody have any idea how much the Canon SD200 camera would be with this sale? It is normally 300, and the nearest compusa is over an hour and a half away so I don't want to drive that far to get it if it's going to be over 250.