Possible sticky?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Kingsly, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Would it be possible to have a sticky in, perhaps, the community forum that is basically: The Official™ I will be at so and so Apple event at such and such time thread.

My idea is that MR users can check to see if any other MR users are going to be at Apple store seminars, events, etc. I don't know... it could be fun. :eek:

By the way, was anyone at the Photoshop or Aperture seminar at Apple store the grove on monday (the 9th) ? ;) :D
  2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    ...or highly stalkerish.
  3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Even without a sticky, thread when events produce enough interest threads appear for them, and people discuss who will attend or who did attend. Such threads should be in the Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion forum, not Community Discussion, when they are about Apple stores or Apple events.

Starting a thread specifically for organizing meetups ("Who's going to the Aperture seminar?") is fine. I think that will work better than having a single ever-growing thread about all events.
  4. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    No I missed it....did see Jackass Number 2 at the grove last Friday though.
  5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    yeah, but you don't HAVE to post that you're going.

I think everyone here realizes that the internets are a public place.

6. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

:eek: :eek: :eek: Theres no privacy here?

, you're right. It would get huge to have a single thread for all the events...