possible Terminator 4 movie....

Discussion in 'Community' started by continuum, Sep 24, 2004.

1. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

I saw on the news this morning that the script has been written, a director has been signed and production is set to start on Terminator 4 and should be released to theatres next year sometime. There is no word on whether or not the Governator himself, Arnold S., will take the lead. It's suspected that he will pass on this one.

As far as I'm concerned there is no other Terminator.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. BRM macrumors newbie

That is no surprise. The ending of T3 was a set up for another movie.
    Without Arnie it just won't be the same.

4. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

anyone see predator 2 w/o arnie? garbage. then they had that crap-o-tastic alien v. predator recently. gimme a break.

5. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Arnold has expressed that he is not doing anymore movies...for now, that is. So T4 =Made for TV!

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Seeing as arnie is the terminator, it just won't be terminator at all.
    Started watching it, turned it off pretty sharpish.
    Not even gonna bother with it, just the thought is enough.

7. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

edsignuk, do you feel that "crap-o-tastic" is an adequate description? :)

btw, who is the girl on your avatar? i checked out your link and saw the full pic and name but do you know her or just have a crush?

8. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

T3 kind of left it open for another movie to be made, but i would guess that it won't be made anytime soon. The first two were 7 years apart and the last two where 12 years apart. I would like to see a fourth movie, but it would have to have arnold in it and he probably won't make anymore until he is done being governor.

9. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

well, they stated this morning that it's set to come out next year regardless of Arnold. if it does...whoever said Made for TV Movie might be right.

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That'll do nicely :)
    Well, as you'll know from the file name, it's Keira Knightly. Of course, I don't "know" her, how many film "stars" do you know?. I just think she's a real beauty, and makes great avatars...that seem to get a lot of interest, it would seem I'm not the only one who think she's a bit of alright ;) :D

Anyway, back to how much a T4 would suck like nothing else...other than maybe Predator 2/Alien vs predator :p

11. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

IMDB.com doesn't have anything on it yet, but it could be a real movie. I could see the studio releasing a new one in an effort to cash in while T3 (2003) is still in the public's minds.

While having arnold in it would definitely improve it, i am not sure that he could really be in it anymore.

T4 would have to be about starting the resistance movement and wouldn't be far enough in the future to be when arnold was captured and reprogrammed by the resistance. Sure they could have arnold be sent back in time again, but that is getting a bit old.

12. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Well if people want to see Terminator 4 then they just have to vote Arnold out of office. Like he said, no movies while he is governor.

13. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

i'm not familiar with her. what movies has she been in? or is she a british phenom?

Arnold should come out with a movie with Eddie Murphy called "Kindergarten Cops vs. Daddy Day Care" or "Jingle All the Way meets the Toilet" by himself. haha i crack myself up...

don't remove him from office though...he seems to be doing good for Cali so far.

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

[more off-topic] IMDb is an amazing thing you know. ;) [/off topic]

beat ya to it Vector! :p

15. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

16. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

You are too quick!
    :p

It is scary how we both came up with that and posted it at the same time.

17. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

ok. i see some title in there i recognize. now maybe i do recognize her. she could be in the next T4 movie with ahnuld.

18. BRM macrumors newbie

It is called 'direct-to-video'. I can only assume there is no money being spent on this project. It will be the first terminator without special effects.

19. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I've had 4 PM's since I changed the 'tar about an hour ago asking who she is, I've sent this link quite a few times tonight :)
    But there's no way on earth that arnie will be in it.

20. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I actually thin Arnold ruins the movies actually. In reality the Terminators are suppose to look different and the ones that get sent back in time only do because they look similar to the first model. In the first Terminator there was even a future scene with a non-arnold Terminator (one of the future flash-backs Reese has).

Terminator 3 actually would have been better IMO, if at the end instead saving John Connor, Arnold actually attacks them. Then Connor would have had to escape the Arnold bot. Good times.

21. BRM macrumors newbie

It is time to the let the Terminator die. The 'franchise' is dead, so leave it dead. I hate when film makes try to milk the same old story line over and over again. In fact they should have stopped after T2. Not every good movie needs to be in a trilogy.

22. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

But then we wouldn't have had all the Halloween, Nightmare on Elm St., and Jason Vorhees flicks. We all need a little Jason X everynow and then especially when he gets onto a spaceship somehow.

edesign - i disagree, ahnuld would look at your girl there and feel a desire to be in a movie with her. remember, he grabs girls butts (or at least he does from what others say)

23. BRM macrumors newbie

Thanks for proving my point.
    Arnie has big hands, I am sure her butt would be too small for him to even notice. Now if Keira had a twin.. :D One for each of his hands.

24. JLS macrumors 6502

He could just make it into one big plug..

''In the future the world will suffer Nuclear holocaust unless YOU vote for me in your time, now.. I am your protector!

Don't let cyberdyne take over, fight it.. all you can.. and while your out working *cough* fighting.. I WILL SEE YOUR KIDS AFTER SCHOOL!''

On an unrelated note, I just got back from Florida.. and I have to say T2-3D is SO fricking great!

25. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

were you one of those storms that released major energy on florida? quick, somebody grab him!