Possible to automatically get iTunes artwork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thestaton, Mar 9, 2006.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

I have a ton of music - some where around 35 gigs and growing. I just recently spent the time to rip some where around 300 cds. I would now like to go back and add the artwork for the album. I know I can go to amazon type the cd and use theres but that would be alot of work.

Is there an easier way I could go about this? Preferably a freeware solution?

Thanks for the help!

2. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

3. MacMyFast macrumors newbie

MacMyFast

Album Art

I would like to know the same. I currently use the Album Art widget which works pretty well for adding art to an Album, but I wish I could automate the whole process.

4. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

The solutions I tried for automating had one big problem: it would quite often use the wrong cover! So you ended up having to go through everything afterwards and correct stuff, which would end up taking almost as much time as doing it all by hand in the first place.

5. thestaton thread starter macrumors 6502

6. TheDulcimer macrumors member

TheDulcimer

I went through and added album art to my dads 3000 song library, at first i thought maybe i could just use google image search, but that was pretty slow cause i had no way of KNOWING for sure if it was the correct album some of the time, then i stumbled upon this http://data.uneasysilence.com/uneasydata/assets/itunes/itunesalbumart.php
    What you can do is in itunes click the little gray arrow next to the album name and if the song is on itunes it will pop up for you, then just copy the url of the artwork and plug it into that website and they give you the artwork you would get if you bought it off itunes. then for the ones that were't on itunes i just ended up using google again ;) .

-The Duclimer-

7. knackroller macrumors regular

knackroller

These are all methods for singly inputting the image - I think what we would like to find is an automated method of getting for all tracks, similarly to get track names for all function.....perhaps an automator workflow...>?

==========
    Free Music Downloads http://www.apple-music.co.uk/

8. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Yep, there is a program that will do it for all of your songs. I had about a 95% success rate with correct art being applied to tracks -- pretty good when you're talking about 30+ gigs of music ( many people have more.) It is slow, let it go overnight. Fetch Art for iTunes:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19933