Possible to disable minimize animation in snow leopard?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by varian55zx, Sep 8, 2012.

1. varian55zx, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

macrumors newbie

is it possible to disable the minimize and re-size animations in snow leopard?(for lack of a better term). by resize, i mean when you bring the window back from minimizing it.

these animations annoy the hell out of me sometimes. The one thing that windows has over mac is that you can disable these :p

edit: another thing that would be even better is if anybody knows how to remap the yellow minimize button to hide a window instead of minimize it. this would be superb.

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thanks for that, suck is cool.

but I'm asking if there's any way to get rid of those animations completely. Like in windows, where it minimizes instantly.

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I found that with a simple Google search. I'm sure if you do some searching, you can find what you want.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, you wanna give it a try, buddy?

I've google searched for an answer to this question extensively. numerous times. and have not found anything. that's why I'm asking here, now. So stop making assumptions and if you don't have anything helpful to say then don't bother posting.

6. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I made no assumptions. With your attitude toward someone who took the time to respond and offer help, you're on your own.

7. macrumors regular

Uh he didn't have any attitude to your first response. He asked a question on a help forum to be told by you to use google.

8. varian55zx, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

calm yourself. I just want to know if its possible to completely disable the minimize and resize animations, or map 'hide' to the yellow minimize button.

edit: and yes you made an assumption, you assumed that i haven't google searched about this yet. now can we please get back on topic.