Possible to Redirect Email Buttons to Gmail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nach0427, May 21, 2006.

1. nach0427 macrumors newbie

I don't know if this is possible, but has anyone been able to redirect the email buttons in say iPhoto or Photobooth to Gmail instead of Mail.app?

Thanks!

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

I'm not sure if email buttons can, but I know regular email links and such can with the gmail notifier app. :S sorry i don't use the iApps often enough to know.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm curious about this too!

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

In theory, the GMail Notifier app should redirect those too, assuming the iApps correctly determine the default email program and launch that instead of being hard-coded to launch Mail.

I've never tested this, so I can't say for sure. I do have the needed applications (and a GMail account), so I could test it.

5. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

there's an extension for firefox that enables that to happen. you click an email link and it loads up a new email through gmail in a new tab. i'm at work right now so i can't really look it up for you. i did a quick search for it but didn't find it.

6. nach0427 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm at work with a Windows computer now, so I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that in my experience Gmail Notifier doesn't catch these "links" but instead they are just set to open Mail.app

Anybody else?