Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ternary

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
I recently noticed that there's a bright spot on my MacBook Air's display that can be quite distracting when scrolling through white-background Webpages.

Since the warranty is gone, I was wondering if there's a way to repair this without getting a new display. I saw this guide, which suggests using a suction cup "to bend the aluminum of the MacBook’s display back to where it should be." Is there anyone else here that would endorse this? Or is there another method? Or is it time to get used to this bright spot?

Note: The bright spot is not from the Apple logo in the back.

Last edited:

Macgyver1

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2016
Sun glasses?

You might just have something in that article, sounds very(scary) risky though. If your technically capable of removing your own lcd panel, you can assess the anomaly in that way. If there are pressure points from the case, you can always push the deformaties from the inside out(if accessible).

If you run your fingers along the case, you may be able to feel indents that aren't readily visible.

Can't help but to feel like I'm giving you bad advise, just sayin'. I think I'm used to the bright spot already.

Best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.