Possible to replace iPod Mini Battery?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacMosher, Mar 7, 2006.

1. MacMosher macrumors 6502

MacMosher

Hey,

Im new to iPods just wondering if it was possible to replace the battery on these suckers. Is it difficult?

Also anywhere online where I can pick a battery up.

Thanks
    Mark

2. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

A number of companies produce batteries for 1-4G iPods, as well as iPod minis. Some of them will also install the battery for a fee. However, having obtained the battery, any competent technician ought to be able to install the battery inside it.

In my experience, the batteries made by Sonnet (http://www.sonnettech.com) are the best quality around, and come quite cheaply.

3. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher

4. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher

Are you able to do use the same battery for both generations? cause that would be great?

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it on both generations. I would advise against doing it yourself though as they apparently there are particular wires that can break really easily when removing the case, and then the battery.

If you fancy doing it though, check this place out

http://www.ipodbattery.com/ipodminiinstall.html

6. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher

Yep sounds good. Has any one actuall done this here? though... problematic? thanks,
    Mark

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

The battery will work on both. Seriously its not hard to open it, you jsut have to be careful not to scratch the top and bottom plastic tops and be careful opening it up, and resticking the plastic parts back, its not hard, jsut takes patience

8. pmackin macrumors member

pmackin

Just send it back to apple .. for 59$ you'll get a new battery in apple terms .. in other words a new refurm mini.

9. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

k

ıve done ıt !! ıts really easy although ı dıd scratch ıt but ıts ın a case anywayz so ıts a 10 mın job just work slowly and apply a lıttle heat to the top whıte plastıc and ur fıne

10. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Yep I saw a kit yesterday in a shop for replacing the mini battery complete with special tools. It was like $35.