Post-grad dilemma

Discussion in 'Community' started by _bnkr612, Jan 17, 2005.

1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    Ok, so I am finished with school, living at home. The only thing I have going for me is that I am not 30 or over weight and I have a decent portfolio.

I am freelancing, but through some people I know and I leave for NZ in late March for 3 months. I was thinking of getting a bread and butter job working at restaurant, maybe even get a bartender position.

Can anyone give me some advice about what to do to earn some money?

Maybe I will just keep producing work for pseudo clients and have a stronger folio.

This is what I am working with now

PS, I tried stripping, the older ladies don't pay well and their nails hurt.
  2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    Try looking on some of the job posting sites (,, for freelance/contract work. You'll expand your portfolio, probably learn some new things and make some money... there's also a small chance that a temporary job would turn into a full time one.

Then again, you're probably better off NOT taking advice from somebody who's unemployed. ;)

EDIT: I reread the post and saw that you were talking about in New Zealand... hmm, I hear Peter Jackson is shooting a King Kong film there. Would you be comfortable wearing a gorilla suit? :p
  3. urban1985_ macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2004
    Burnaby, British Columbia
    I like your web designs. They're really eye catching. Also, your photos are great, really inspiring.