Post here if you're happy with your mb/mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Techguy172, Feb 18, 2007.

?

Are you happy With it

1. Yes Very happy

130 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. Happy but with some Problems

27 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. it's ok

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. I've Had many problems

7 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I'm deciding if I want to buy one I want to see if there's more good ones then bad ones

Thanks in Advance

2. kristiano macrumors regular

Of course there will be more good ones than bad ones out there, Apple wouldn't be able to see otherwise!

Your poll results will be distorted because people come online to seek for help in such forums instead of merely to praise.

3. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

I jettisoned by MacBook Pro during the fighting, but no lifeforms were aboard.

4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Had problems on day-one with my MBP (Core Duo; weird screen thing). Apple took back as DOA. Ordered Core 2 Duo. Have had it since they were available. I cannot be happier. I have none of the problems that anyone has posted about here, at all.

Buy it. Buy it now.

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

agreed. A lot of the people who post on forums like these are the ones with problems. If you didnt have any, what's the point?

6. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

overall i'm happy... have some issues with the superdrive but that's because it sucks.

7. m0dded macrumors newbie

i've had a lot of problems with my macbook, but i'm still very satisfied. their customer service works well. i know my problems are pretty much isolated to just my computer, so i wouldn't be worried about problems with purchasing anything else made by apple. every company has a couple problems, apple isn't an exclusion.

8. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

9. amycishere macrumors 6502

10. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

The thing you have to remember is the whole "Extremely Vocal Unsatisfied Minority vs. Content but Silent majority" thing. Meaning that of course the few people who aren't satisfied are going to make a big deal on a help/troubleshooting forum. Whereas the majority people are in fact satisfied, but have no reason to post about how their machine is working perfectly.

I love mine BTW. :D :cool:

11. thegrifman macrumors regular

I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now and love it. The look and feel of the mbp itself along with Mac OS X is incredible.

12. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Very happy yet I've been having the beach ball of death lately. Firefox freezes a bit too often but that's not the Macbook's fault.

13. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I was complaining about the screen.. until I saw my friend's sony Vaio... WOW no more complaining :D Very happy overall.

14. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

i love my blackbook the only prob i had was rss which was covered by applecare,

15. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

lol glad you're satisfied now. :)

to the rest of you, no more this and that about "perfect" sony screens. their 15-inchers use lower resolution screens (WXGA) with bigger pixels than the 15" MBP (WXGA+)...hence the "clarity" you guys might be inferring. the smaller pixels used in the MBP combined with the anti-glare finish causes the "grain" or basically due to the inconspicuous pixels, users are drawn to the texture of the finish instead.

read the dell support article on their WUXGA screens (i know this isnt the type of screen on the MBP, but it can still apply for the same reasons stated) regarding the "shimmering" or "sparkly" effect.

16. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

17. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I've had my MBP for two weeks tomorrow. I ADORE this computer. Hands down the best computer I've ever used. It's extremely quiet and runs very cool. I couldn't recommend a better computer :D

18. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Had mine since release time and its been knock on wood. Only had to replace a defective battery once asides from this. Nothing else comes to mind.

19. Trebz macrumors member

Very happy with my MB, and its glossy screen. When I use my work laptop (Dell) it feels like a flimsy, noisy toy compared to the macbook.

I did upgrade the hard drive and memory on my own, as the stock configs are a little weak, and it was substantially cheaper to do it on my own.

20. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm very happy with my MBP, it's served me well for the 4 months that I've had it so far :).

21. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

I am very happy with my macbook (core duo) I have had slight harddrive troubles however but nothing i havnt managed to fix.

22. dkirlew macrumors member

I've been a mac user for only a week. All I can say is what took me so long. LOVE my MCP 15in. After being a power Windows user for about 6 years, I'm loving every moment I use my Mac dumped Windows completely.

23. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I'm very happy with my MacBook Pro. It is a huge improvement from my 1.67 ghz PowerBook. I'm glad I future proofed myself with an Intel Mac, and the speed difference is amazing. Rendering in FCP is probably 3-4x faster and things are just so much more responsive.

Everybody is happy with their MacBook Pro, as long as there is no hardware problems. It is the speediest portable I've ever used in my life.

24. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

i agree

25. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i was among the first to get the MacBooks in Australia, and i've had the logic board and heatsink replaced because of the random shutdown stuff, but since then, i haven't had a problem. I love it. i think its the best notebook Apple have put out.