Post here when your iPod ships

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BeanTownBrawler, Jul 19, 2004.

1. BeanTownBrawler macrumors member

Mine is still open... I'm thinking they might not ship till the stores get them

Anyone's past the open stage yet?

BTW, will places like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc get them at the same time as the Apple Store?

2. discomonkey macrumors newbie

still open... but estimated on or before 22nd of july - we'll see in 2 days.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Shipped 7/20/2004. Lucky for me that I called yesterday to upgrade to 2nd day shipping. Should get everything on Thursday.

Edit : Thursday meaning tomorrow. I can never keep my days straight.

4. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

shipped today. i wonder when it's getting delivered ;)

5. smurfsgonewild macrumors member

Grrrr. I got my shipped conformation email from apple yesterday morning and the ipod didn't even show up on fedex's website until this morning. Why must they torture me so? the ship date for my ipod was suppposedly Sun 99, 9999 so i think they need something called an update something fierce. I've usually been happy with fedex but i guess the excitement's just killing me. luckily, m mom is best friends with the manager of the local fedex hub, maybe he can speed the process up a bit. in other news, my pbook shipped from shanghai today. :D as long as that's here by friday, the ipod can wait. it'll give me time to load all my cd's up anway.

6. Thussy macrumors member

IPOD 20G W/CLICK WHEEL-USA On or before
    07/21/2004 1
    iPod Custom Engraving

Open

They're trying to kill me I swear.

7. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

8. Nspace macrumors regular

Ordered yestruday night around 6. On or before 07/23/2004

9. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I see this quite a lot on the various threads. I work in mail order and depending on when the shipping company physically closes their manifest and then uploads it to the carrier determines wheather or not you see tracking information right after ship confirmation. It is also not uncommon for packages to miss scans at the different hubs. I have see pkgs ship, and not show any activity until it hits the customers door. I feel for you, it is very frustrating........

10. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

again, any word when best buy will get them? i have gift cards there, so i need to buy my 20gb 4g there. i would like it by sunday.

11. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I went to the local Apple store & picked one up today... After about a half hour it froze up on me... :-(... I reset it & it's been working fine ever since, but that's 3 out of the last 4 of my purchases from Apple that have had at least minor issues right out of the box... I like the scroll wheel so far, but then again I liked the mini as soon as I got it, mostly because of this, so that's no shock....

12. Thussy macrumors member

One hour left before it's the 22nd, and my ipod is still set to Open. This my first Apple experience, so it should be shipped today should it not.. or it counts as late... right?

Is Apple notirous for not meeting their dates? Cuz my Powerbook is SUPPOSED to be shipped tomorrow.

13. smurfsgonewild macrumors member

My Ipod shipped a day early actually and I belive it was supposed to ship on the 21st. I was actually surprised by that. Yours should ship pretty darn soon. This was also my first time dealing with apple. My ipod's two hours away in Shreveport, soon to be in Alexandria. Powerbook was last scanned in Anchorage, fresh off the plane from China. And I have no clue where my Applecare package is. But I'm not too worried about that one. The ipod will be here tomorrow, if not, I shall be quite the angry man. Pbook is supposed to be here on Friday before 10:30am. So it's easy to see the next two days are gonna be filled with refreshing the tracking page and staring out my window. Time for AquaTeen now.
    P.S. Just wondering but when am I not a newbie? I'm guessing thirty posts. Somebody tell me that please. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here's my fedex tracking info. Apparently it went from china to alaska and back to china. crazy fedex folks. read from the bottom up, too lazy to change it. i'm copy/paste junkie.
    Jul 21, 2004
    9:44 pm
    Left FedEx Ramp
    SHANGHAI CN
    2:57 pm
    Left FedEx Sort Facility
    ANCHORAGE AK
    1:38 pm
    Arrived at Sort Facility
    ANCHORAGE AK
    11:03 am
    Left FedEx Origin Location
    SHANGHAI CN
    11:03 am
    Picked up by FedEx
    SHANGHAI CN

14. BeanTownBrawler thread starter macrumors member

BOOYA I got mine!

Canceled the online order cuz my local store had em. I love it!!

15. Nspace macrumors regular

My order was Open, and now it has just changed to partially shipped. (I did the cram and jam deal).

I am going to assume that partially shipped means that part of the order (most likely the ipod) has been handed off to fed ex?

Do they give you a tracking no. after? This is my first order from the apple website.

Tom

16. smurfsgonewild macrumors member

You should be getting an email some time soon with your tracking number on it. Also, your order status page will have you tracking number. Just keep refreshing every five minutes like we're all doing. Hope that helped.

17. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I ordered two: iPod 20 gig and iPod mini (pink) the estimated ship date is August 18 th :(

Quite some time to wait. And they are shipping both together unfortunatly.

Well, thats life.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I....want....more..... INFO!!!

How's the battery life? How's the new click wheel? If you have ever used a mini click wheel, does it feel different? (I haven't for more than 2 minutes, but I still want to know)

19. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

cancel the order and order them separately. you will get free shipping for both.

20. sandmann41 macrumors regular

21. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Same thing happened for my for my CTO Powerbook 15".
    Its scheduled to be delivered today, before 10:30am, soo excited!! :)

7:15 am
    Left FedEx Ramp
    KANSAS CITY MO
    6:30 am
    Arrived at FedEx Destination Location
    LENEXA KS
    4:32 am
    Arrived at FedEx Ramp
    KANSAS CITY MO
    3:20 am
    Left FedEx Sort Facility
    Memphis, TN
    Jul 20, 2004 11:03 pm
    Package status
    SHANGHAI CN
    Delay beyond our control
    9:21 pm
    Left FedEx Ramp
    SHANGHAI CN
    3:14 pm
    Left FedEx Sort Facility
    ANCHORAGE AK
    3:08 pm
    Arrived at Sort Facility
    ANCHORAGE AK
    11:18 am
    Picked up by FedEx
    SHANGHAI CN
    11:18 am
    Left FedEx Origin Location
    SHANGHAI CN

22. Nspace macrumors regular

I don't know if this means anything but I thought it was rather weird, maybe not...

I ordered a customer 15" powerbook, and changed at least 3 things on it, and to my suprise it was my powerbook that went out for delivery when it said partially shipped. I was not the ipod. Still waiting for it to ship, hopefully it goes out today.

Tom

23. Thussy macrumors member

Those flamers changed my iPod ship date to the 26th from the 21st!
    They didn't even email me telling they did, and they charged me for engraving.. better get that settled.

Good news though, the PowerBook was shipped today.

24. zucruw macrumors newbie

Got Mine on Tuesday

I went to the Apple store in Easton Town Center, Columbus Ohio, and purchased a new 20 Gig ipod. It is ok, except for the error message it keeps displaying when syncing (Another user had this problem too, so I don't think it's something I did wrong.) As for the looks, it perfectly matches the iBook. The grey click wheel is the same as the grey inside of the iBook. My friend has an iBook, and the ipod and ibook look perfect together. The new game where you guess what song is playing is OK too. I didn't really notice a size difference, but 1mm is pretty small. The packaging is very well done; very Apple like. Also wanted to add that at Apple stores, the old 15 gig is the same price as the mini, so 229 with student discount- thats pretty cheap. -I don't like the buttons of the 3G though.

25. islandmee macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on 7/21 and mine has shipped today, 7/22. I was visiting my grandparents for a few days in the sticks with no internet access and no mac or other electronic store within a 100 miles, so i had no idea the 4g iPods launched. Yesterday, when I was leaving, the newscasters had one on the news and I flipped. After driving about a 100 mph home, I placed my order. Then i had to pick up some cd's for my new iPod and they actually had them for sale. Sooo I am waiting with the rest of you.

I have another great story if you want read the rest of my banter. I placed my ipod mini order on launch day and was one of the first ones to receive one. My iPod mini was a lime lemon. The mini would not connect to my system. So, I spoke with Apple and received a new one. The new one kept freezing. So, I spoke with Apple and received a new one. The new one had static. So, I spoke with Apple and received a new one. Three mini's were enough to put the new one on eBay and within 8 hrs I sold the mini for $400.00, just enough to get a 30gb 3g, but I waited and now I ordered a 40Gb 4g....AwEsOmE!!!