post MW stress

Discussion in 'Community' started by Geert, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Anybody suffering from it?
    I guess most of us do :p when I look at the traffic last few days.

I have serious MW stress, more MW fever.
    I checking every 30sec all known sites, hoping for new juicy details and stuff.

as some of you noted yesterday, my fever went soo high that I used size 12 to say:
    comon Apple, bring it on!

After some posts from fellow MR-members, I realised that my temp
    was around 40°C or 104°F, so I took a painkiller, and a cold bath to cool off, after that it went better, but now...
    Guess around 42°C or 107.6°F, I have a meeting with the boss at 10AM (local time) I think that he will hear me say 'Apple' a lot.
    :D

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

You're not the only one. As a result of usual insomnia/MW excitement I got exactly 4.5 hours of sleep last night. That translates out to being twitchy and weird and rambling about Apple a lot.

3. job macrumors 68040

job

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've been through this a few times and its not a big deal for me. I'm not going to be buying anything anyway. I'm curious, but not stressed.

D

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Yeah, but with 153 users all chatting at the same time things get hard to follow.

I'm not really stressed just tired.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: post MW stress

hmm...don't u mean pre-MW stress?? ;)

I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal...mostly for those who are eagerly awaiting a speed bump in the G4 towers...

I just hope Apple does something about their standings with the other companies...they are seriously lacking in the hardware dept...

7. Geert thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geert

Re: re: post MW stress

Yeah you're right, eye.
    After keynote, I wanted to make a new thread with .... right post MW stress.
    and then I realised that I already did that hehehe.
    :rolleyes:

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, I'm not suffering from post-keynote stress, just further dissapointment. I was sort of expecting it, actually.

9. job macrumors 68040

job

I was not expecting much of anything at this expo to be honest.

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, for no expectations, you should be pretty happy. The whole convergence of the Digital Lifestyle is pretty damn cool. It just that software is nice or just ok - but we've been waiting for new machines for too long, dammit. And when we see the new ones - probably when jag-wire ships - they'll just be speed bumped - maybe new mobos on the ProLine.

Oh well, start looking for *HYPE* again a MWSF '03.

Glad I have Geekfest pics to get me excited......;)

11. job macrumors 68040

job

I was especially pleased by the announcement of the 20GB iPods. I'll probably purchase one this fall. The 10% size decrease was also a bit unexpected.

I must admit though, throught the whole flurry of new software and features on Jag-wire, there were absolutly no Mhz bumps, etc, in any of the product lines. It seems they are on the edge of something, but they just can't announce it yet.

12. King Cobra macrumors 603

I couldn't get into the javanated chat room, either. Honestly, I could care a bit less, though, since I have never successfully worked with chat and I plan to not work with chat. The forums are simple enough for me.

I kind of suffered from MWNY hype. I went to bed around mid. and arrived at my computer a few minutes before the broadcast, which had the ƒ'iest reception I've ever seen.

Now I have iPod hype. I want to sell my iPod and get the newer 5GB one, but it may be a REAL long time before that happens, due to other issues.

13. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Where is the damn iPod FW updater???!!!!????

I got iTunes 3 with all the new features, but my iPod is still a portable iTunes 2.

As if Apple couldn't piss me off any more.

14. job macrumors 68040

job

I was talking with my dad and he and I came to an agreement that if I put X amount of dollars into stocks or an IRA, he would purchase X dollars worth of Apple equipment. I think an IRA can only be opened when you are of 18 years of age or older, but hey that gives me more time to save. :D

At the moment I have 700 dollars; my minimun goal is 1,500. I might just try and invest now just to get that 20GB iPod. :D

15. job macrumors 68040

job

A bit mad after todays expo?

16. iGav macrumors G3

I think you're right about the speed increases..... although to be honest...... the only ones that are due for a speed increase is the iMac G4 and the PowerMacs....... the other product lines were only uprated a quite recently....... Apple can't really increase the iMac G4 speed until the PowerMacs get their increase as otherwise they'll overlap even more than they're at the moment.......

Must admit though... OSX.2 seems likes it's going to really rock straight out of the box...!!

17. iGav macrumors G3

:p :p :p

There's alot of people with 'issues' at the mo isn't there..... :p :p :p

18. job macrumors 68040

job

Even if the box does look like a retro 70s fetish object. :D

I would like (as most people in these forums) to see a mobo upgrade on the PowerMac line. Other than that....I'm quite content with what Apple has put out today.

19. iGav macrumors G3

Fetish object... :p :p :p

The PowerMacs wil be upgraded soon....... be patient daniel son...... :D

20. job macrumors 68040

job

Now all we need is the next version of X, codename : "Shag-Carpeting." :D :D

Hey, the longer they wait to release new PowerMacs, the more time I have to save money. :D :D

I don't care when they release the new PMs. I'm absolutly content with the 20GB iPod and 10% size reduction.

21. coolocity macrumors regular

new iMac!

Well, at least after todays expo I've decided on buying an iMac, and a 5gig iPod while I'm at it. Great show apple.. now let's roll out those powermacs.

- John

22. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

I say the 10.2 packaging looks like a hoochie box.

At least 10.2 server still looks respectable, if not better.

23. iGav macrumors G3

That's almost my line of thinking... I'm not buying till early next year... so no matter what was or could have been today...... I wouldn't have been buying anyway.....

24. iGav macrumors G3

Re: new iMac!

Yey...... good on you!! positive vibes that's what we like....... ;) :)

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I can't wait until a few weeks after the expo when all the countless threads b*tching about no powermac updates begin to dissapear.