Post pics of your lunchtime walk

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by witness, Jul 26, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

Almost every lunchtime I go for a walk, so I thought that I would post some pictures of what I see on my walk every day. (My office is in the black building)

If you go for a walk at lunchtime what do you see?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors G3

:eek:
    I want to walk by a castle!!!

Umm.. at lunch.. I usually walk to the kitchen. I pass the couch. Sometimes, I take the scenic route and pass the windows computer and my AirPort base station and printer.

Then, I make tofu in the kitchen.
    YUM!

3. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i'm not allowed to have cameras here :(

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I don't take my camera with me to work, I just used my mobile phone (you can probably tell by the bad quality pictures).

5. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Well, not currently working... but at my last place, I got to see part of highway 101. Yay!:rolleyes: Um, what else, huge fields of dying weeds (yes, California is so hot and dry, even the weeds have problems staying alive)... and this is a plus, the occasional jack rabbit! <-- So cute!! Here is a picture of part of the building:[​IMG]

6. macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that those pictures are good quality for a camera phone. That is a very beautiful place to take a relaxing lunchtime walk. You are very fortunate witness. ;) I was never actually able to take a lunchtime walk, usually thirty minutes to eat.

7. macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

wait a minute...what the heck is a lunchbreak!?!?!? :mad:

8. macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    i see jets landing and taking off.

9. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm a student so my midday exercise is to roll out of bed, clutching my head, and stumble to the BBQ for some breaky steaks. :)

10. macrumors 6502a

zakatov

You prolly don't wanna see me walking across the house to the kitchen...

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I'm pretty fortunate I guess; I have a 35 hour working week with 1 hour for lunch every day and most people in the office eat their lunch whilst working so I have a full hour free every lunch time.

12. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

nope, those aren't allowed either... :eek:

i can *see* the capitol building from here though...

13. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My PC at work can't see my BT phone so here's a website with far better pictures of my lunchtime walks

The only problem with walking along Kings Road, Chelsea is avoiding all the shops... and fending off the super-model scouts :p

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess that it can be handy being near to the shops. I have to drive 4 or 5 miles to get to the nearest shop, which can sometimes be a pain, though I guess I do save money because there's nowhere to spend it :)

15. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Sigh. I wish I could be in London right now... London is rapidly becoming one of my favoritest cities... hehe, not that I've been to that many or anything.

16. macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I used to see that when i worked for NCR in El Segundo.. i swear that used to waste so much of my time just watching planes take off and land... that and the thai place across from the chevron/mcdonalds, thai food then golf.... now i know why i dont work there anymore :p

Ed

17. Moderator emeritus

yellow

[​IMG]

It's so hot!

18. macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Here was my walk today.. I had Mexican food, i got a few odd stares when i was taking this pic. Focus is a bit off on one side i don tthink my camera had adjusted to the light yet or something. hehe hope you all had a good lunch!

Ed

Attached Files:

19. macrumors 68020

Okay, so I forgot to take a picture during lunch. But here's a photo out the front of my office building.

10 points to whomever can identify the tower. ;)

Attached Files:

20. macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Is it The Johnson Wax building?

21. macrumors G4

Applespider

Your office window, huh? With those bars on the window? :eek: ;)

22. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Ok, I don't go for lunchtime walks, but I often walk the ~5 miles to and from the town center, and I, too, walk by a castle on my way home... ;)

All the pictures are from this January.

Attached Files:

23. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

You people living in Europe make me so jealous. I would trade places with any of you in an instant!
    I don't go out walking at lunchtime for fear of instant sunburn. Southern Arizona is not known for friendly weather between March and November. In fact, since temperatures have been 112 or above the last few weeks I can barely stand to walk from the office to the car. And besides, there's not anything here worth taking pictures of. Arizona has got to be the worst place to live. I don't know what I am doing here...

24. macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I read this and felt really bad for you.

If there is nothing to look at and be proud of, leave. Honestly, I couldn't stand living without my fields and fields of green green grass (and sheep :D). And walking past the farmer, and the stables, and having a horse eat my hat... and getting chased by bulls! It's so fun living in the country, but still only 10 minutes from the capital city.

25. macrumors G4

Applespider

I've only been to Tempe in the winter when it was quite pleasant! I love the colours out there though - the red of the hills was so intense and there's something quite starkly beautiful about all those cactii.