1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Post what you recently got for free!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by SchneiderMan, Dec 14, 2010.

1. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Similar to the purchase thread, post the last thing you got for free! It can be anything really. Please try to post a picture.

Replacement MacBook Pro with a new full year of Applecare :) My old Applecare expires this month so I got lucky.

[​IMG]

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would not call exercising you rights under a warranty as a "freebie".

3. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Well yes but I'm pretty sure you don't get another full year of Applecare do you?

4. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Typically you do. My MP was bought in 5/2008, replaced in 2/2009 and AC was to end 2/2010 but they wiped out the previous AC I had purchased and applied it to the new machine to give me coverage to 2/2012. So yeah, you get a new machine and new warranty. Great all the same, but certainly not a freebie. You should post all the cases you get for free to review then sell off. That's a bit more impressive. ;)

5. macrumors 6502

Just won a magic trackpad at my Mac user group meeting.

6. macrumors 6502

The damage was free, courtesy of ice on a hill. The new bumper is gonna cost me a little bit.

Attached Files:

7. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You should PM me details about that if your MUG is near Raleigh. :)

8. macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well my girlfriend has been in this freebies kick lately and has gotten us a LOT of really good stuff. Shes also been entering contests like crazy. But the biggest three things we've won are an iPad, a trip to Waco (hotel and tickets to attractions), and tickets to are Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat. Whoot!

9. macrumors 68030

benthewraith

Your insurance won't cover it?

10. macrumors 6502a

Toby Mac - Christmas This Year. itunes' single of the week.

11. macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Indigestion

12. macrumors 6502

a Canon 3 in 1 printer. A freebie from one Apple purchase.:D

13. macrumors demi-god

alphaod

1TB Western Digital Passport Essentials SE:

[​IMG]

I received it in the mail last week delivered via UPS. It came from Western Digital and it had my address on the package. It didn't have a name, just said "End User." I don't know why I got this drive. I called their customer care about returning it, but they insisted that if I didn't want it I would need to pay for return shipping.

I'm not paying for return shipping. Anyways just gave it to a friend who needed it.

14. macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

15. macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Apple replaced my severely cracked screen iPhone 4 today at no charge, so I would consider that a freebie.

16. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Coffee :D Used my "VIP" card.

Attached Files:

17. macrumors 68040

renewed

Deductible maybe.

18. macrumors 65816

Chase R

I received the season finale of Dexter for free on Sunday night ;)
    [​IMG]

I would keep the insurance company out of it. It's cheaper in the long run... and deductibles aren't cheap!

19. macrumors regular

How come? My iPhone 4 fell out of my pocket while I was sat in the garden chair and the case I got from Apple came of when it landed. The phone bounced and landed again - screen cracked.

Apple won't repair it as it was accidental damage.

20. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think you get another year's warranty, but not if you have AppleCare. If you bought Applecare on your 1st/original laptop, and it gets replaced after a year due to recurrent problems, then your new laptop simply has 2 years remaining.

That's what happened to me. My replacement computer had 2 years of warranty because that's how much was remaining from my original 3 year warranty (1 year standard + 2 years Applecare).

21. macrumors 68020

R94N

That's very cool, but usually I find with competitions from companies and suchlike I just get a ton of spam and advertisements etc., even if I opt out so I just don't bother. I suppose that's the reason why they have these competitions, so they can make money *that sounded stupid!*.

22. macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

150ft of coaxial cable and a few splitters, delivered by cablevision.

23. macrumors regular

fortunecookie

2 iphone 4 bumpers :)

24. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Chlamydia.;)

25. macrumors 6502

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for iPhone, won it through a twitter contest.