Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
bousozoku said:
Tourists keep me away from the beach.

I'd like to have a photo at sunrise on the Atlantic coast and a photo at sunset the same day on the gulf coast. I just need to select a couple of beaches.
The easiest / shortest distance would be Daytona Beach in the a.m., then take I-4 west to Tampa in the p.m.... i think. plus you could see two of Florida's finest metro areas, well Daytona is different, that's for sure.

Most of my shots are from Brevard county beaches, just too lazy to get there at sunrize.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
srf4real said:
The easiest / shortest distance would be Daytona Beach in the a.m., then take I-4 west to Tampa in the p.m.... i think. plus you could see two of Florida's finest metro areas, well Daytona is different, that's for sure.

Most of my shots are from Brevard county beaches, just too lazy to get there at sunrize.

I was thinking about Cocoa Beach or Melbourne Beach since they're fairly close--I'm in Oviedo. From there, I'd probably head to Clearwater for Skyline Chili and stop somewhere along U.S. 19 near those touristy hotels for the sunset shots.

imnotatfault

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2004
bousozoku said:
I was thinking about Cocoa Beach or Melbourne Beach since they're fairly close--I'm in Oviedo. From there, I'd probably head to Clearwater for Skyline Chili and stop somewhere along U.S. 19 near those touristy hotels for the sunset shots.

St. Pete Beach representin'! haha.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Beautiful pictures. After seeing all these nice beaches, I've got one question,
should water be blue like in all your pictures? Beaches in Holland look much different...
IMG_1406s.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
bousozoku said:
yup. If you come to Melbourne Beach this Thursday you will catch some epic swells in that sunrise shot! Also, two pilot whales were spotted fifty yards from shore yesterday morning.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
iBlue said:
the original is huge so here is a sized down copy that might fit a 12" powerbook a bit better. ;)
I actually have quite a large display at home and it's for that... any chance I could get the original? Sorry if I'm being a bother, haha!

Daniel.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
BurtonCCC said:
I actually have quite a large display at home and it's for that... any chance I could get the original? Sorry if I'm being a bother, haha!

Daniel.

No worries. I still sized it a bit to fit a 30" display, since that's about as big as it gets and in the interst of saving bandwidth...

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Tanglewood said:
North Shore Maui, HI March 2006
You were in Hawaii in March? How did you like the rain? I was on the Big Island, which was fairly dry most of the time:

IMG_2043_tn.jpg

IMG_2114_tn.jpg

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
emw said:
You were in Hawaii in March? How did you like the rain? I was on the Big Island, which was fairly dry most of the time

Missed it for the most part since we were staying on the leeward side of Maui, though when we went to Hana we definitely got wet.

I've been to the Big Island a few time to cheer on my sister in the Kona Triathlon (1/2 ironman). The first time there I went to the same overlook. Still looks as beautiful as ever. :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
imnotatfault said:
St. Pete Beach representin'! haha.

Is that where I want to go? As long as I get my photos and my Skyline Chili, I'll be happy.

srf4real said:
We were jipped by Ernesto, got the day off, though!:D

Yeah, it didn't even rain much here. Thursday was better.

KLOOJVE

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2005
Slagelse , Denmark
andrewag said:
Wow beaches are odd over there. Here in Australia they are actually white sand with waves and stacks more space!

heh this was not a typical beach... some "Beaches" are made by man, because of tourism... this is a fact here... but it doesen't change anything... it is still a beach.. just not a "REAL" beach... :p

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
srf4real said:
Florence made waves this weeK!
today at Paradise Beach, Melbourne, Florida(yes we do get waves sometimes on the east coast!):D
podkt6.jpg

Too bad you have to live in Florida to enjoy good stuff like that. :p

I wrote a few articles about Eau Gallie, Melbourne, and Ponce Inlet this week. :)

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
iGary said:
Too bad you have to live in Florida to enjoy good stuff like that. :p
I wrote a few articles about Eau Gallie, Melbourne, and Ponce Inlet this week. :)
If you're talking real estate and unmanaged growth, I know whatcha mean! Where might I find your articles?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.