Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C62008

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
Here's my new 27" iMac with dual 24" Dells, 2T Time Capsule, external DVD, custom made stand-up desk, Razer Death Adder and FitBand.

desk.jpg

crovian

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Here's my new 27" iMac with dual 24" Dells, 2T Time Capsule, external DVD, custom made stand-up desk, Razer Death Adder and FitBand.

I've been noticing a lot of users who has vertically set monitors as your picture. Is there some sort of benefit over having it horizontal and level? Is it space issue? I'm genuinely curious. I use 6 monitors for work and they are all set horizontally, 3 on top and 3 on bottom.

C62008

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
I've been noticing a lot of users who has vertically set monitors as your picture. Is there some sort of benefit over having it horizontal and level? Is it space issue? I'm genuinely curious. I use 6 monitors for work and they are all set horizontally, 3 on top and 3 on bottom.

Well, I have 3 monitors so to get 1920 px depth the side monitors have to be in portrait mode. And when I'm using long documents 1920px/portrait is way more helpful than landscape. As well, I find I turn my head a lot less when the sides are in portrait. As with most things, it's just a personal choice.

tomacwhite

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
England

It's really good if you write lots of document or code. I wish my work monitor would rotate.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal

I believe you left out the Uniden cordless phone...sheesh, please people, be thorough with you setup. It helps us a lot. :D

----------

View attachment 390135 Just set up my Hp W2207.

i like that. Simple but functional. What side display are you using? It has a nice bezel match with the iMac.

rjmCreative

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Not quite as nice as a setup as most people on here but it does the job for a multimedia design student for now! Idk why my image is flipped as an attachment but click the attachment and everything looks fine.

photo.JPG

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
Not quite as nice as a setup as most people on here but it does the job for a multimedia design student for now! Idk why my image is flipped as an attachment but click the attachment and everything looks fine.

View attachment 390650

i have the exact same config and the exact same computer speakers :D:D lol they work well had them for about a year and a half now
the bass on them is not bad either

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Has anyone mounted the new27inch IMac on to the wall. Heard you could do it with these.

The new macs cannot be wall mounted. Not sure where you heard that, unless you're talking about mounting on an arm with the stand which looks hideous.

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
The new macs cannot be wall mounted. Not sure where you heard that, unless you're talking about mounting on an arm with the stand which looks hideous.

I heard you could do that with the new 27inch, just like you would a t.v. A Staff member in PC world told me.

painless6505

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
BC, Canada
I heard you could do that with the new 27inch, just like you would a t.v. A Staff member in PC world told me.

Not with new iMac. Like said above, you would have to use some third party kit to mount it on a wall; and youd have the base sticking out. There are NO vesa mounting points on the back of the new imac.

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013

painless6505

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
BC, Canada
Ah I see, just came across this after doing a quick search on google:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62604698@N06/6254781455/

Is that an old model or have they used some kind of 3rd party kit?

That is the older model, newer model isn't flat on the back. But I think I saw something about a company making some sort of awkward mount for the new ones. But the base/stand is NOT removable, so it would look rather hideous on a wall IMO.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
(I'm going to replace the desk.. ugly ;)

No I think the most simple desks are the best for the iMac. It looks like solid wood and has a nice structure to it. If you feek like a change you should refinish the surface. You could make it a lighter stain or a light gloss paint dependent on preference. If you dont think you can do it your self then there are pleanty of companies which you can achieve a custom personal finish to your things. There is no point replacing something which has pleanty of potential. Like I said there is beauty is the composition between a perfectly finished iMac and its desk.

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
That is the older model, newer model isn't flat on the back. But I think I saw something about a company making some sort of awkward mount for the new ones. But the base/stand is NOT removable, so it would look rather hideous on a wall IMO.

Got totally mis-informed by the sales staff then.
Was gonna mount my new 27 when it arrives as my desk space is quite small.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.