Post Your April Fools!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CoMpX, Apr 1, 2006.

1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

OK, my mom got me this time. So we are eating dinner, so she says:

"Oh, Joey, I got a call from the bank. Your debit card is maxxed out, and you have some fees to pay."

So I say, "What? Thats impossible! There are still $140 dollars left in the account! It's a mistake."

Her: "Then maybe someone stole it."

I run downstairs to check my wallet, and its in there.

I come upstairs to tell her it's still there and I say it must be a mistake.

So she says, "April Fools!"

She got me.

Now post your funny stories about AFD.

2. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Blue food dye in my friend's sugar cookie batter.

I got whapped with the rolling pin for that one. :eek:

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

My girl dumped me. It happens every year, I really should pick up on it next time... :(

4. ekenny macrumors regular

ekenny

This was an email I sent to everyone at work on Thursday:

Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:51 PM
    To: Entire Office
    Subject: Saturday Scheduled Maintenance

Many of you have mentioned to me how all of the clocks in the office
    read different times. This Saturday I will be installing new clocks which
    will synchronize with an atomic clock located in Greenwich, England. Your
    computers will also synchronize with this clock. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL
    CLOCKS WILL NOW BE USING METRIC TIME!!!

Time will be measured as follows:

10 metric hours/Earth day
    100 metric minutes/metric hour
    100 metric seconds/metric minute
    10 metric days /metric week

Formula to convert Anglo-Babylonian time to Metric time:

Metric Time = (s/864)+(m/14.4)+(h/0.24) Where h=hour m=minute s=second

NOTE: This will give you MT in centidays. To get it in days, millidays,
    etc. simply move the decimal to the proper place or, more formally,
    multiple/divide by the appropriate power of ten.

I got the idea from here:
    http://zapatopi.net/metrictime/

Boy were people mad!

5. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Hehe that is such a good idea. ;) :p

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I guess Apple got most of us. Admit it, we were expecting something.

7. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Other than being wished "Happy April Fool's Day" (which I found kind of odd) I didn't really take part. As for Apple, they surprised me. Not one mention of anything today.

8. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

My 12 year old niece and her friend toilet papered my house in the middle of the night. That was the last thing I expected to see when I opened the door this morning!

9. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

My physics teacher is VERY pregnant, due soon, and texted me today with the word "BABY". I thought she was for real. Hahaha.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hey, look on the bright side, at least it wasn't Valentine's Day. If it makes you feel any better, last year mine turned out to a lesbian, and this year the new one didn't remember who I was after she sobered up. Feel better?

The best one was Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I'm watching this really serious anime where one of the characters is talking about his Mother's death. Then all of the sudden there's this really loud farting sound. I know it's lame, but it was so funny and CN just timed it perfectly.

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I wrote fake "Release Notes" for a product at work (one that really is due to be released to customers soon), and sent a PDF of it to each staff member, asking them to "check for errors".

It was a mixture of fake new features and claims that horrible (nonexistent) bugs had been fixed. Example new features: automatic text conversion to Pig-Latin; a screen that lets you pick a word from a drop-down list containing every word in the dictionary. Example bugs: "Files are no longer deleted when you try to rename them".

It also told about "convenient new installation procedures" and gave a long convoluted set of new steps that customers were supposedly required to perform during installation, including opening and re-saving hundreds of disk files.

Most of the staff were fooled for a few sentences. They sent back e-mail joking about the new features or pretending they took it seriously and sent it to a customer. But one tech support engineer thought it was real and e-mailed back complaints and questions about each section of the Release Notes. Shortly thereafter another e-mail arrived saying "oops", after he realized it was all fake.

(And I helped set up some jokes at MacRumors too.)

12. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

am i the only one who seriously thinks it *is* a good idea?

13. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I wrote farcical news articles for my site. :p

I thought Slashdot's April Fools prank was pretty good. "OMG!!! Ponies!!!" :D

14. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Well me and my friends don't do much April Fools wise. But I have to say this site with the April 1st press release is pretty hilarious >> http://www.mafiaa.org/

RIAA + MPAA = MAFIAA (Music And Film Industry Association of America) :D

15. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Ooh, harsh. That's uncool. At least mine was just joking with me...

...I think. :eek:

16. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I could not get anyone at all, everyone and i mean everyone just did not believe a word i said. Maybe i should do les pranks then last year.

17. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I hate April fool's day, no one will ever believe me for the day. I won 70 bucks that day and told my mum, she thought I was playing her. I went home and showed her the money, nah no luck still, she reckons I went to the bank :mad: My moment of glory, gone ;)

18. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

How'd you win $70? More to the point, where did you tell your mum you won it from? :D

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I thought mine were joking too. But I'm sure yours was. That's what makes it funny. And I'm pretty sure I'm better off, so don't feel bad. :D

20. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

At the pokies and at the pokies :eek:

21. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

we pulled a fabulous one. So there is this kid, Let's call him X, who is my friend's friend and is quite annoying. He always cheats on exams and never gets caught so...

We typed up a fake notification letter from the school. My friend i guess photoshopped in the logos, it looked perfect, a duplicate of the school documents (he might have scanned in an old one or something i don't really know). We wrote the letter, addressed it to him stating "It has come to our attention that a faculty member whitnessed you cheating on a recent examination. As you should know, our high school enforces a zero-tolerance policy towards academic dishonesty.." (I'll try to get my friend to send me the letter so i can post it later). Nevertheless, the end ordered him to go to the main office of our high school friday march 31st to receive paperwork before the "investigation to prove or disprove his honesty" would be conducted.

To deliver the letter, my friend's mother, who hates X for certain reasons, agreed to drive into school and hand the letter into the main office to be delivered to X. In my school, if you have something you need to give your child, you give it to the main office and they have people that run it around to the kids in their classes. So, she said it was for X, and it was delivered in the middle of class.

When he got the letter, he stared at it for about 3 minutes, fearful. He totally bought it and was like scared through the whole day, but when my friend who wrote it and others poked around asking what it was, he denied it and said it was "nothing," not wanting them to know..:D On his way after school, my friend who wrote the letter went and filmed his reaction with his camera when they broke the news to him...it was superb. The entire friday he was scared ********, and then in shock when the news was given to him... it was amazingly perfect in execution.

EDIT: we wrote the letter thursday night and all this happened friday because obviously school's not in session on a saturday.
    I'll post a screenshot of the letter later today or tomorrow if i can't get it tonight.

22. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

nah i think since most products are delivered Tuesdays, they could still do it then. I mean let's face it, just because something would be recognizing Apple's 30th doesn't mean it has to come out that day!

and i never truly thought anything would come out Saturday so... ;)

23. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well done. I've never won anything at the pokies. :(

24. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Neither have I.

Actually I won $20 once, but then lost it all again. :(

I've won about $80 at Bingo once though! :eek: :)

25. Aarow macrumors 6502a

My mother said there was a gas leak in my school and I didn't have school on Monday. I believed her until I remembered what day it was.