Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Not sure if we have a thread like this, but I think it'd be interesting for everyone to post the pranks they have played on people today, or plan on playing sometime today.

:D

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I'm putting my teacher's bell,
like this:
38936290-c6d1-4379-a55a-64c06c9aee17.gif

in jello.

I've already switched out his actual bell with a replacement on thursday, and I am jello-ing it today. I'll switch them back on monday. His bell won't be in jello at the start of the period and when he sits back down from walking around the classroom, it will be. :D It'll be a day late, but whatever.
I'm thinking about putting a spork right next to it so he can eat it free.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
This IS late but my friend told me what he did.

Daniel, my friend, was at his farm on April 1 2007 and was shooting stuff like all good kids on farms do when they're bored. He then calls his girlfrined and tells her something along the lines of "you don't love me" or something. Preceeding this he takes his rifle, fires off a shot and drops the phone on the ground. Now just imagine what the girl is thinking, she must be freaking out, screaming over the phone-the phone call is still going on. He then picks up the phone and says teh line, "April fools"

Or so the story goes...

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
This IS late but my friend told me what he did.

Or so the story goes...

my god, that's so wrong. i hope he didn't really do that... :(

i don't have a story to share...i forgot it was april fools' day and by the time i remembered it was too late and the only person around was my husband. :rolleyes:

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Here is a copy of my prank that I did and posted on Facebook notes:

April Fools!

So yesterday Matt prank called Charis and Candice's room and told Charis that she needs to go to Kroeler Hall to correct some errors on her transcript. She agreed and made an appointment for 11:00 Wednesday to meet there and discuss her transcripts. The only problem is, there is no Kroeler Hall.

I was very certain she would be wise to Matt's voice but apparently she wasn't, as she IMed me a little later telling me she has a meeting at Kroeler Hall, but she's been going here for three years and never even heard of it, and wanted to know if I knew where it was. I said I hadn't, but I'd "look into" it.

So I made this web page, which looks exactly like a real Bradley web site page for the Buildings on Campus section:

n31403246_31132111_3101.jpg

It looked so real, and the links and search work too! So to test it out, I sent our ARA Jason the link to the fake page asking "where the **** is this?" To me and Matt's surprise, Jason actually came in our room and started telling us where it was, as if he had been there many times:

"Yeah Kroeler Hall is at the corner of Barker and Duryea, all you got to to is walk down Duryea past the frats and it'll be at the second corner past..."

By this time he noticed that Matt was having a hard time controlling his laughter, and he knew we got him good. So I sent the page to Charis this morning and she believed it. Later she came down and knocked on our door and said she was on her way to Kroeler Hall (the fake page said it's location was the corner of Barker and Duryea, which is about a half mile walk). Realizing how hilarious this was, me and Kyle waited for her to leave, then ran to my car and drove to the corner of Barker and Duryea to meet her.

As we pulled up, we found her standing in the tremendous wind and 30° weather, desperately searching for Kroeler Hall:

n31403246_31132143_6529.jpg

When she finally saw us I rolled down my Window and told her there was no Kroeler hall...

n31403246_31132144_7869.jpg

And once she got in the car we told her the whole story:

n31403246_31132146_7515.jpg

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
:D

My office mate left to work for another group within the enterprise, and as a parting gift, I did this for him and all his cubicle goodies:

Attachments

• RandsomNote.jpg
    RandsomNote.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.