Post your BLACKBERRY Screenshots 2012

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by SaMaster14, Jan 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Well, I know this is an apple forum, but there has to be SOME BlackBerry love. Maybe some BB users with Macs, iPods and/or iPads like myself?

Please, DO NOT use this as a flaming thread... if you don't have a BB, DON'T POST...

I'll start it off. Wallpaper picture taken with my Bold 9930 ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some older screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macrumors G3

puckhead193

people still use blackberrys? :confused:

:p

couldn't help noticed that you've stayed at the grand wailea in maui; what did you think? I went twice and stayed at the villas across the street... amazing place!!! (loved the golf on maui too!)

3. macrumors 604

wordoflife

Oh wow I didn't know bb's had widgets. is this something new? They don't look so bad.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I've been staying at the Grand Wailea every year since I was young. Been going to Maui pretty much my whole life (I'm only 18 though). The villas are awesome, we've had family and friends stay at the Ho'olei and the other villas next door. We are in the napua rooms at the hotel, just my parents and I. Love it here. ;)

And yes, there are many apps that allow for homescreen widgets on Blackberry. The one I'm using is called Fancy Widgets.

5. macrumors 68040

chrf097

Blackberries are actually really really amazing and stellar devices. The issues is that nobody bothers to support them and make apps for them. I would get a Bold 9930 but because it lacks major support (Facebook app hasn't had an update in years, for example), I'm just not getting one. Probably the best phone for e-mail and communication though.

6. macrumors 68040

Cant comment on the higher end blackberrys but I had a Bold (cant remember the model - I know its now about 2 years old) and hated it. You can tell that its a very old OS that's been patched like crazy to bring it up to date.

I've also had a small amount of development work on it and couldn't stand it - horrible devices to work with.

They are fantastic at email, but as a personal / non-work phone they may as well be a Nokia 3310.

(Note - I'm not taking anything away from people who like them here - just giving an experience of one of the lower end models, I paid about £150 for it IIRC)

Personally I'd like to see RIM start over with a new OS, instead of trying to bring the old one up to modern day requirements. It just feels like Symbian when using it, and its unnecessary.

7. macrumors 65816

NZed

8. macrumors 68000

Goftrey

The only thing that's keeping RIM above water is BBM.

...And now that iMessage has come out... ;)

9. macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

It depends on the use, as always. If your non-work point of view relies on gaming, then I agree. But I find BBs to be great to stay updated, email, news and social medias wide. BBM is great, and having a physical keyboard makes the difference.

/Off topic

How did you take the screenshots? Also, are you on OS 7, or is that just a theme? :)

10. macrumors 68040

chrf097

BB10, the new QNX-based OS that no one knows much about, is supposed to be rewritten from the ground up.

I'm a heavy texter/e-mailer/IMer, but I also need my app support, better internet browsing, and a good camera. If the BB had all of that I'd get one.

11. macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

That's too vague.
    Applications are not even close in quantity to iOS' App Store's, but support is not an issue for the existing ones. As for internet browsing, that too is ok, even though it depends on the OS. And finally, 5 MP camera is not bad actually.
    I'd suggest you to try a BB out. As I stated, the physical keyboard is a must if you type a lot!
    But again, this is off topic. There must be other threads where Apple fans can show their closed minds. :)

12. macrumors 68040

chrf097

The app quality on the BB is terrible though. The Facebook App and the twitter app are so horrid. The Bold 9930 just isn't built to take advantage of touch sites either.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Screenshots guys...

But ya, I love my BB, compliments my iPad and iPod touch. It does lack apps, but that's why I have the iPad. (and games on my iPod). But the basic apps are there. Facebook 2.0 is actually decent on BB. And I honestly would miss the universal inbox and LED notification system that iOS lacks at the moment. Also would miss the amazing keyboard and ability to theme/customize without a jailbreak.

BB10, if RIM implements it correctly should be amazing. Ground up OS, running on the QNX core.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

15. macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

How do you Take screenshots on a blackberry without the screen muncher app, My Bold 9790 is not compatible with Screen muncher

16. thread starter macrumors 6502

I use the app CaptureIT. Works perfectly on OS7.

17. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

I switched from a BB to an iPhone 2 years ago and I do miss the physical keyboard and LED notifications but isn't Notification Center like a universal inbox but? I actually hated how everything went to Messages on my BB. It was too messy.

18. thread starter macrumors 6502

Message center is kinda like a universal inbox, but it's different. BB also has a notofication drop down. And I guess it's just preferences. I personally love the universal message app that has everything together.

19. macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

honestly a lot of people have unlimited text messaging these days so BBM and iMessage don't really matter.

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

True. But BBM, for me, is a bit different. I love the status updates, profile picture, easy way to share location/pictures/videos/files, plus apps are integrated (foursquare, games (like game center), etc). iMessage is more like free texting and it gives the iPad and iPod Touch the ability to text (I LOVE this feature for my iPod and iPad... fun to connect with my iPhone friends that way).

But, Blackberry definitely still has good stuff to offer. Keyboard and LED are probably the main things, but I personally feel as though browsing and speed is up to par with iOS... only problem is the lack of apps.

21. macrumors 68000

lewis82

Or on a Curve 9300?

I hate my BlackBerry. As soon as possible I'll change it for anything else, Android or iOS. I don't care, as long as it's a decent smartphone as opposed to the crap RIM produces.

(Sorry for the rant :eek:)

22. macrumors 65816

NZed

Theres actually an app for that on the BB appstore.

Im neutral about my Blackberry, but i have to pay 35 CAD for unlimited BBM and text messages and thats it. And my BB wont even do 3G. EDGE only.

23. macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

iMessage is a nice concept, but BBM eats its lunch. Not only is BBM's message delivery more reliable, but it is far more secure than iMessage.

And, FYI, I say this with a 64GB iPhone 4S sitting next to me.

24. macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

Ah, okay. I didn't realize it was that involved. I have never even used a blackberry.

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

And another one of my favorite parts of Blackberry... themes and customization:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]