Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nubben

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Hi all,

I recently purchased an iPhone having used a 5G iPod previously.

Since getting the iPhone I have had to experiment a lot with playlists to get as much as possible on the phone - that was not a problem I had with my 80GB iPod...

Would be cool to see:

1. what your playlists names are;
2. how you have set them up to sync; and
3. if you wish, post a screen shot.

Currently I have 3 playlists - a "Discovery Mix" with unrated songs from all genres, a "Recently Added" playlist consisting of albums which songs are not rated, and an "Artists Mix" which contains artists by which I want to hear all songs (rated 0-5).

Would be cool to hear your names for the playlists as well!

Nubben

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
I use two smart playlists, 6MB+ 3* and 6MB- 2*

Basically, all tracks that are under 6mb and aren't rated a 1 star, plus all tracks rated 3 and above over 6mb. I figure if a track is taking up over 6MB, it'd better be a good one!

This is on my 16GB iPod touch and I get pretty much everything of worth onto it that way. It'd need a little tweaking to fit on an iPhone... I'd probably have to make it 6MB+ 4* and 6MB- 3*, or just rethink what to have on the iPhone, maybe to only include recently added or played tunes.

:apple: need a 16GB (or more!) iPhone, fast :D

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I have:

-"Phase playlist" for the iPod game, which has various electronic music in it.
-"Christmas Rock" - Rock songs with Christmas/December themes.
-"Crimson II" - Edge of Sanity's second hour-long epic song, with all parts in order.
-"Obscurity" - The first CD I made, full of electronic songs in the order I want them.
-"A Violent Death for All to Enjoy" - Second CD I made.
-"Epic Songs" - Songs 8 minutes and longer.
-"Halloween" - Songs that I like to play on Halloween, or songs that have Halloween themes.
-"Happy Summer" - Songs that remind me of summer. Most are radio hits.
-"iTrip Stations" - The radio frequency's for my iTrip FM Transmitter on my Mini.
-"Pure Techno" - 500 electronic/dance songs.
-"Ultima" - A selection of my favorite songs for my Mini. It used to be a playlist on my dad's computer I made to sync my Mini.
"Nuclea" - Heavy/metal selection of songs for my Mini.
"Radia" - Punk/pop punk music selection.
"WTF Music" - Randomly bad music, covers, rap, pop, songs I hate, annoying songs, funny songs, and things that do not belong anywhere else.

Yet, since my 30 gig 5.5 gen syncs it all, I haven't really used the playlists that much besides the default "Top 25 Most Played" and "Recently Added".

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
"Music Playlist" which gets synced to l'iPod
Any new music I get goes in there and is then whittled down to songs that I like and want to listen to again

dabirdwell

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2002
Oklahoma
Barenaked Cake People

I always liked the title of this one. Of course it includes Barenaked Ladies, Cake, and The Getaway People.

There are also Kickass Christmas, Soul Lifting and Soul Crushing among dozens of others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.