Post your Current iBook Setup G3 or G4

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Shawn D, Jan 24, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Hey, Just wondering how many people on here are rocking iBooks still and using them for day to day tasks or more :D

Just post some photos of your setup and the specs

Here's mine, the photos for when I got it on eBay.

Its a G3 with a 800mhz CPU and 640mb of ram with a 30gb Hard Drive loaded with Tiger and a Combo cdr-w/ DVD drive.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

I sold this a while ago but it was running Ubuntu beautifully with 64mb of RAM :eek::eek: I picked it up for $40 on Craigslist, and it had an AirPort card in it! 466mhz graphite FireWire model. I wish I still had it.

3. macrumors 603

SkyBell

My iBook G4 is my main Mac, and it runs Tiger beautifully. :) I wish I'd never have to replace it, because I love it so much.

Full specs:
    12" TFT display
    1.33 GHz G4 processor
    1.5 GB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11

[​IMG]
    Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I also have a blueberry Clamshell and a white iBook G3, but I'm too lazy to take pictures of them. I love the clamshell for it's design, such a great computer. :) The white G3 was my first Mac laptop, and today it's kind of a backup Mac. :D

4. macrumors 6502

I have both! I always carry my 12" iBook G3 500MHz 640 MB RAM 15 GB HD. Great free wi-fi anywhere machine! My 14" iBook G4 1.42GHz 1.5GHz RAM 40GB HD stays at home and is used a lot! I love both equally! Here's my fire breathing G3 specs!

Attached Files:

5. macrumors regular

Great idea for a thread. My original tangerine is 10 years old and still going strong. I replaced the HD with an 80GB, upgraded the RAM to 544MB, and it's running OS X 10.3.9 and OS 9.2.2. It does just fine for wireless internet and some light Photoshop work as my portable computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors 68000

Perrumpo

Mine's not very happy right now.

Attached Files:

8. macrumors regular

Gasp!!!! :(

9. macrumors 6502a

kwood

I almost bought an iBook just before the MacBook came out but decided I didn't really need it. I ended up waiting a while and got a 2.0GHz C2D Black MacBook (rev.2) instead. I upgraded it to the newest aluminum 2.4GHz MacBook in October.

The iBook was nice... but it didn't have enough power. That and I have this expensive habit of selling and upgrading everyone 1.5 years or so. So even if I did get the iBook I wouldn't have it anymore.

10. macrumors regular

I use my snow iBook G3 daily! I do all of my schoolwork on it. It runs very smooth, for only 128 mb of RAM:eek:! OSX 10.2 Jaguar. I like that it can dual boot OS9 and OSX. I don't really have a "setup" of it at the moment because it travels a lot with me. Maybe I'll get around to taking a picture of it. :):apple:

11. macrumors regular

Ahh, one of my two favorite clamshell colors. Tangerine and lime. Both very vibrant. :D

12. macrumors 68000

Perrumpo

She's just having a little mid-life crisis at the moment. A scary one (you should see what else she was doing). It's unrelated to the display, so I'm going to send her away for some therapy/exorcism at Apple, and that'll straighten her out soon enough.

13. macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

14. thread starter macrumors regular

Hey you have quite a collecion of macs :)

15. macrumors 603

SkyBell

Gah, my blueberry clamshell iBook G3 is on loan to a friend right now. All these pictures are making me want to get it back.:eek:

16. macrumors 6502a

Here is mine..
    I use it everyday to take for the library,it is perfect :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. macrumors 68000

Hrududu

Here's my tired old toilet seat iBook. Sound quit working, the backlight is dim, and the CD drive is picky about the discs it chooses to read, and the battery won't work anymore. Still use it all the time, and I couldn't ever see myself getting rid of it. I'll use it till it dies. I got the whole "glowing logo" thing going on too!

Attached Files:

18. macrumors 68020

MattZani

Dont have one, but seems like a fun 'Throw in the bag' Device.

19. macrumors regular

That looks like a sequel for "The Ring".

20. thread starter macrumors regular

anyone upgraded the hard drive? post a screenie if you have :D

21. macrumors 68020

Acorn

i never really liked the design of the clamshell until i saw the indigo blue one. looks pretty cool.

22. macrumors 6502a

Mine was updated before going to my hand..originally it had a 30Gb unit,now it has a 40Gb,but what's the point about the screenie?That would only be important if we upgraded to a ssd hhd :p

23. macrumors regular

Yes, 80GB Seagate HD in my clamshell.

24. macrumors regular

40GB Hitachi Travelstar - up from 10GB stock.

25. macrumors 6502

I know the thread is "current" setup, but looking through it I couldn't help but remember my first (and only) iBook so here it is. 500MHz first new design iBook.

Attached Files: