Post Your Custom iPhone Home Screen

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by ghall, Jan 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    Well with the new update out, I was curious too see how other people arranged their iPhone home screens, and how much thought went into the arrangement.

As for me:
    The first row is for internet related apps
    The second row is for media related apps
    The third row is for tools and utilities
    The forth row is for the settings
    and my most used apps go on the dock.

I also positioned the Safari, iPod and clock apps in locations I can easily reach with my thumb since those are the three apps I use a lot, and I put iTunes, YouTube, Notes, and Maps in awkward places because I hardly ever use them. I'm constantly tweaking the layout as I see fit, but this is what I currently have.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2007
    I currently have my home screen on the default. But I have all my Web Clips on the second screen/page. keeps it a little more organized.
  3. macrumors 68000

Nov 3, 2007
    Mine is the same way.
  4. thread starter macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    You guys are so boring. :p
  5. macrumors 68040

Oct 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've gone OCD on this thing, I keep thinking of ways it might be more useful to me. I was like that when it was jailbroken too, so I guess I should have known better. I wonder if Stevie is going to pay my psych bills if this thing ever gets broken and I have to be without it...
  6. macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2007
    I am currently trying alphabetical on page 1 and web clips on page 2. We will see how long that lasts.

7. macrumors 65816

Feb 9, 2007
    I must say, these webclips really make web apps a lot more convenient and intriguing, especially if the creators of the apps take advantage of creating a webclip icon.
  8. macrumors 68000

Aug 6, 2007
    as is mine, although i switched SMS and safari around.
  9. macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2007
  10. macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2007
    I just put my thumb on an app, closed my eyes, moved it, then let go. It's good to just mix things up.
  11. macrumors regular

Lord Sam

again, same. But my sms app is now on the doc.
  12. macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Mine are in alphabetic order. First page contains all the apps, plus a couple of webapps. The second page contains websites (that are not webapps).

(And FetalSage, thank you so much for alerting me to MuniTime! Amazing!)
  13. macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2007
    How did you get those webclip icons? Mind to share with us?
  14. macrumors 604

Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    My GOOD camera...

is in Hawaii...:cool:

Attached Files:

15. macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2007
  16. macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Check out

17. macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2006
  18. macrumors 604

Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    Yep, the Food Network...

just provided some excellent Turkey Chili and a Turkeyburger Recipes to die for! If you do most of the cooking, as I do, you need to devise a plan of attack when it comes to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cutting down on red meat, proper exercise with a personal trainer, and cutting out fast food altogether has changed my diet plan and helped me to shed 20 pounds over the past year! So, THANKS to the Food Network, my transition to three healthy meals v. McDonald's and Jack-In-The Box, has been smooth and enjoyable! :cool:
  19. macrumors regular

Lord Sam

I have changed my ways. They are now in alphabetical order.
  20. macrumors 6502

Nov 9, 2004
    Mine is attached, little blurry - sorry the best the iSight could do with my steady hands...

Attached Files:

21. macrumors member

Dec 1, 2007
    iPod touch

Because we haven't got the iPhone (legally) in Australia yet, I'll tell you about my iPod touch Home Screen:

Screen 1:

Safari | Calendar | Mail | Contacts

YouTube | Stocks | Maps | Weather

Clock | Calculator | Notes | Settings

Screen 2:

Apple - Start | Google | Wikipedia | Mac Rumors

Sydney Morning Herald | CNET | SiteAdvisor | Yahoo!

In The Dock:

Music | Videos | Photos | iTunes

P.S. Even though it should've been free, the $20 Upgrade is definitely worth it (if any of you touch owners have doubts)

22. macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2007

A bit blurry, but best i could do with my iSight at the moment
  23. macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2007
    Westbury, Wiltshire, UK
    Im being Dumb

but how do you get all of the cool icons for some of the websites. I have gotten some of them just by adding the web widget and the icon appears but things like ebay and google dont work . . . please help!!
  24. macrumors member

Jan 21, 2008
    I did not get to see them until after I cleared out my web cache under settings > Safari > Clear Cache, then they began to pop up. Try that, it may work for you too. After you hit add to home screen, give the webclip a few seconds to load the correct image.