Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Kyle Nerder said:
Check out this one. I almost bought it off eBay. Some other sucker wanted it more then me though! A week later I bought a cheaper one in much better shape.

CRUNCH!!!

Damn...that thing had to have been dropped HARD. :eek:

Daedalus256

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I dropped my 15" Pbook froma bout 5 feet onto concrete sidewalk. My bag strap snapped and the corner hit. Because of that it has a nice dent on the corner, I had to have the apple store pry the metal away a little so I could get the AC Adapter in, and there's a small crack on the LCD. Screw you sidewalks :(

Also, last week, I had my pbook in my bag and my bag fell and hit a leg of a computer chair, there is now a small dent on the lid.

I also had a close call last week I took my Sawtooth and my Pbook home. I had my sawtooth on the backseat. and my bag with the keyboard/mouse, adapters, etc etc in it. The bag also had my pbook. I braked REALLY hard and felt a hard push on the back of my seat. Oh crap. The Sawtooth hit the back of the seat, knocked over the bag with my pbook in it, that fell on te ground and then the sawtooth landed on top of the bag. Miraculously NOTHING was hurt at all in this incident. My pbook has no new scratches dents or anything and the sawtooth went home and booted like a champ. :)

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I once had this old Mac, I forgot which kind, and I accidentally dropped a screwdriver in the case while it was running. It his the hard drive and ZAP! The whole thing was fried. Whatever, I bought the thing off of eBay for $35. I then smashed it out in the street with my friend.:eek: :eek: I know, I know, I was then a Mac basher. But i was ignorant! Now I know. :D

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
brap said:

I can't believe you left it there to take a picture! Sadly, I did the same, but with coffee (w/ milk) on my 15" FW800 Alu Powerbook. . . the seam near the superdrive sucked up most of it before I could find a towel...

Its still working (knock on wood) but really not looking forward to taking it apart to see the damage. I got coke in my Pismo the first month of owning it too... so maybe its a initiation thing?

:(

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
The only thing abnormal about my PowerBook is the top row of keys is crooked and my w key is funky. But that's why it's being sent out tomorrow for a new keyboard :cool: My PowerMac has been through many moves and has had a bed slammed into it many times (it's between my bed and desk, the bed moves easily. One slight move and it's touching my G5) and no damage either.

Some of these pics make me want to cry :(

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2005
Daedalus256 said:
I dropped my 15" Pbook froma bout 5 feet onto concrete sidewalk. My bag strap snapped and the corner hit. Because of that it has a nice dent on the corner, I had to have the apple store pry the metal away a little so I could get the AC Adapter in, and there's a small crack on the LCD. Screw you sidewalks :(

Also, last week, I had my pbook in my bag and my bag fell and hit a leg of a computer chair, there is now a small dent on the lid.

I also had a close call last week I took my Sawtooth and my Pbook home. I had my sawtooth on the backseat. and my bag with the keyboard/mouse, adapters, etc etc in it. The bag also had my pbook. I braked REALLY hard and felt a hard push on the back of my seat. Oh crap. The Sawtooth hit the back of the seat, knocked over the bag with my pbook in it, that fell on te ground and then the sawtooth landed on top of the bag. Miraculously NOTHING was hurt at all in this incident. My pbook has no new scratches dents or anything and the sawtooth went home and booted like a champ. :)

Time for a new bag!!!!

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2005
I just posted somewhere else about dropping my PB today, before finding this thread. I was only about 2.5 feet away from it. It was sitting precariously (I admit :( ) near the corner of my 2-foot-high ottoman, on a lap desk opened at an angle (the lap desk - not the PB; the PB was closed in sleep mode...I thought the gripping rubber on the lap desk was holding it well enough - stupid stupid), and I literally watched it do a complete flip onto the hardwood floor, dinging the corner then landing flat on its lid. The good news is you'd have to look closely to see the damage, cause the front right corner got tarnished and there's a slight dent (in the shap of a xmas tree or triangle) but you can only see the dent from a certain angle. Is it good that it landed on the lid instead of the base? Also, the latch still works, and when I opened it, my hotmail was still minimized and I'm typing on it now. I do occasionally hear some slight clicking/processing-type sounds though, when I don't think it should be. Do you think my NEW PB will survive this? I'm afraid of turning it off cause - like sleeping after a head injury - I worry it won't come back on again!

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
The one on top was in a flood. It makes me sad. :( Its like looking at the Titanic. The second one is just a poor, poor PowerBook. :( :( /Users/Joe/Desktop/water_damaged_macintosh.jpg/Users/Joe/Desktop/powerbook.1.gif

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
CoMpX said:
The one on top was in a flood. It makes me sad. :( Its like looking at the Titanic. The second one is just a poor, poor PowerBook. :( :( /Users/Joe/Desktop/water_damaged_macintosh.jpg/Users/Joe/Desktop/powerbook.1.gif
photo?

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
CoMpX said:
Oh yea, my bad. I don't know what happened there, sorry. I just looked in Google Images and typed "damaged mac." It was one of the first results.

Here, I think I got it to work... this is pretty gruesome: :eek: :D

Attachments

• powerbook.1.jpg
    powerbook.1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 129
  • water_damaged_macintosh.jpg
    water_damaged_macintosh.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 110

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Not damaged, but i threw a perfectly good Performa 7200CD in the trash, felt good to, piece of Sh*t:eek:

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
barneygumble said:
Not damaged, but i threw a perfectly good Performa 7200CD in the trash, felt good to, piece of Sh*t:eek:
Hey!....I'm trying to sell one of those! :p hahaha

Some of these images are bad, you shouldn't treat your Mac like that *cries* haha

Johnny Rico

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2005
You can't really tell in this photo, but I managed to **** this imac up pretty bad getting the case off and the lights in. I did something to the crt that made it all wobbly and separated the red from the blue. Got kind of hard to look at. Looks cool in the dark though!

Attachments

• imac.jpg
    imac.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 97

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
kwajo.com said:
plus someone marked on it with a blue pen and I can't for the life of me get it off! :mad:

Use hairspray directly on the marker pen mark and rub it off while the spray is still wet. Then wonder what the stuff does to women's hair if it can shift indelible ink!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.