Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
No, the default image included with Mavericks seems to actually be a little lighter than the one that was posted here... not sure why though ;)

I just checked mine direct from my screen and it was lighter, but the one I got from my screenshot and have attached was a bit darker.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I just checked mine direct from my screen and it was lighter, but the one I got from my screenshot and have attached was a bit darker.

I personally like the darker one a bit better, and I decided to switch back to that one... the colours seem to be a little more accurate. ;)

Last edited:

LEVENDIZ

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010
Australia
Is there a retina version of that by any chance? I like that wallpaper.

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details/2620/streets_of_new_york.html

That's the photo on interface lift, not sure if there is a retina version in the drop down menu :)

Alpha Man

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
Here is my latest Desktop background... I made the SONY SLT-A77 icon and the background too. :)

macbookpro_06162013.jpg

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
It works fine here.
Try dragging the old icons off and replacing them.

Candybar used to work fine with my ex imac which was intially shipped with snow leopard. My macbook intially shipped with lion and niw runs mountian lion, What version Osx are you running? I have tried that no change any ideas.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
The icons are from http://blog.artcore-illustrations.de/aicons/, and I use candybar which is now free and unsupported. However the finder and trash icons do not want to change with the new osx and candy bar. Does anybody know how i can replace the finder and trash icons as its not working in candy bar.

Go to Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices.

Right-click on Dock and choose "Show Package Contents".

Go to Contents/Resources.

The dock Finder and Trash icons are there. Rename the original image files and give your new images the correct name. Then logout and log back in. (You can also go to Terminal and type in "killall Dock" and hit return, but I've found that the changes don't always show up with that method).

That's how I changed my Finder and Trash icons.

Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 8.50.22 PM.png

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Go to Macintosh HD/System/Library/CoreServices.

Right-click on Dock and choose "Show Package Contents".

Go to Contents/Resources.

The dock Finder and Trash icons are there. Rename the original image files and give your new images the correct name. Then logout and log back in. (You can also go to Terminal and type in "killall Dock" and hit return, but I've found that the changes don't always show up with that method).

That's how I changed my Finder and Trash icons.

View attachment 417845

Thanks for the steps, I will give them a go and if all works well I will repost my screenshot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.