Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
I always think of my dream setup so how about a thread for it!
Just photoshop up a quick setup and make a list of the items in the bottom of it,
mention if you already have one (or more) of the items in the photo

Rules for this thread are:
- No posting setups that are in other threads
(unless you already have your dream setup in which case you just take a pic of it)

- No posting other people's setups that you wish you had,
if you would like to do that just post a link not the actual photo

- Try and keep your dream set-up a bit realistic (e.g. with a few items you already have)

- Remember, create a list of the items shown below the picture

- No BS ;):D

-----------------------------------------------------------

To start this thread I'll post my Dream setup (click for a larger image):

Setup.jpg

1) 11" MacBook Air w/ Core i5 (already have)
2) Acer S243HL bmii 24" LED monitor
3) Apple Wireless Keyboard
4) Twelve South BookArc for MBA 2nd. gen
5) Magic Mouse
6) Incase sonic headphones
7) iPhone 4S w/ iPhone 4 dock
8) Canon Rebel T3i

I might get #s 2-5/6 very soon, the latter 2 are probably not going to come home until
June, July-ish

Last edited:

ModestMoo

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2011
Cambridge, UK
1) to have 27" iMac, 3.4 i7 Quad with 16GB ram + 2GB VRAM
2) If I'd have #1, I wish to swap my MBP 13" Early 2011 to a MBA 13" best model so far
3) iPhone 4S WHITEEEEEEEE most importantly, not iPhone 4 black. Also 32GB model, not 16GB
4) That Elevanation dock or something like that. :)D)
5) Airport Extreme (saving now)
6) Harman Kardon Speakers
7) Good DSLR

mac26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
1) to have 27" iMac, 3.4 i7 Quad with 16GB ram + 2GB VRAM
2) If I'd have #1, I wish to swap my MBP 13" Early 2011 to a MBA 13" best model so far
3) iPhone 4S WHITEEEEEEEE most importantly, not iPhone 4 black. Also 32GB model, not 16GB
4) That Elevanation dock or something like that. :)D)
5) Airport Extreme (saving now)
6) Harman Kardon Speakers
7) Good DSLR

Cool stuff, A lot of our wishes are similar! try photoshopping a quick picture as well so we can keep the pictures and ideas/wishes coming in

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
There was a picture of what I wanted for my ultimate setup in Part 15 of this thread. I don't have the time to look up the exact link.

However, it had dual Thunderbolt Displays that were mounted to the wall with a Mac Mini and a really expensive orange/yellow chair. I would change the Mac Mini to a 15" Macbook Pro with antiglare and SSD. Throw an iteration of the iPad 3 in there and I am a very happy camper.

Update:Here is the link to the picture. It's about half way down or so. Yes, Herman Miller sounds correct. I just love the ultimate simplicity to what deafgoose has going on here.

Last edited:

mac26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
There was a picture of what I wanted for my ultimate setup in Part 15 of this thread. I don't have the time to look up the exact link.

However, it had dual Thunderbolt Displays that were mounted to the wall with a Mac Mini and a really expensive orange/yellow chair. I would change the Mac Mini to a 15" Macbook Pro with antiglare and SSD. Throw an iteration of the iPad 3 in there and I am a very happy camper.

Oh yeah, I have seen that picture as well, if you can just take a minute to edit your post with a link It would be much appreciated

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.

Most likely an Herman Miller, I think the Embody.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
My dream setup.

2010 Mac Pro with triple 27" Apple Thunderbolt Displays
iMac 27" (2012 version)
2x Macbook Airs (13")
1x iPad 1
2x iPad 2
12" Powerbook
17" Macbook Pro (getting)
2011 Mac Mini (already have)
iPhone 3GS (already have)
iPod touch 4G x 4 (would be nice) xD
Apple wireless mouse (already have)
Apple magic mouse (already have)
Apple trackpad (already have)

AustinH17

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2012
This would be my dream mac setup, if money were no object and i had the space for everything.
In the first pic i would have 2 or 3 screens, maybe 2 MBP(at least 1) and a mic for recording random things. Me and my friend want to start a rap group just for fun for something to do this last year of highschool and through the summer before college starts.
In the second picture I would have a nice sized tv with a mac mini hooked up to it( I was looking at a sharp 70 but at 17 with hardly getting hours at work i might not get it for a while, but we can all dream ay?) I would also have a nice set of speakers and a nice desk and chair.
I currently dont have a mac but i talked my mom into getting me one for my b-day and graduation gift due to good reviews ive heard about them so hopefully ill be a life long fan.

Attachments

• mac setup 1.jpg
    mac setup 1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3,219
  • mac setup 3.jpg
    mac setup 3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 417

mac26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
This would be my dream mac setup, if money were no object and i had the space for everything.
In the first pic i would have 2 or 3 screens, maybe 2 MBP(at least 1) and a mic for recording random things. Me and my friend want to start a rap group just for fun for something to do this last year of highschool and through the summer before college starts.
In the second picture I would have a nice sized tv with a mac mini hooked up to it( I was looking at a sharp 70 but at 17 with hardly getting hours at work i might not get it for a while, but we can all dream ay?) I would also have a nice set of speakers and a nice desk and chair.
I currently dont have a mac but i talked my mom into getting me one for my b-day and graduation gift due to good reviews ive heard about them so hopefully ill be a life long fan.

Love the 2 ACDs! man I can't even afford one ACD :D. For your first mac I suggest buying a 13" or 11" MacBook Air, IMO the best macs ever. Welcome to the Dark Side! you'll never go back (to windows)

Last edited:

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004

Dude, we get it. You're 17 years old.
You don't have to restate this in every post you make

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Mine is simple;

I have an iMac (as in the picture) but I dearly miss my Nikon D700 & 24-70 f2.8 lens. I would also really love to have a 4disk pegasus thunderbolt with 4 x 3TB disk (in 2 mirrors) so I can stop using the random selection of disks I currently have hidden behind my desk)

other than that maybe a 24" LED screen (apple one with display port) would be nice (currently I have a 19" square one).

simple needs for a simple person ... now wheres that lotto ticket....?

Attachments

• BunnysDreamMac.jpg
    BunnysDreamMac.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 247

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
sorry about that, didn't know it bothered all of you so much!

I don't think it bothers anyone but it is freaking hilarious that you mention it all the time. In fact, keep doing it please!!! It is quite funny!!

By the way, here is my super cube setup

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 287

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Dude, we get it. You're 17 years old.
You don't have to restate this in every post you make

heck even his username suggests that.

Back on the o.p

Mac Pro 6 Core with 12gb ram and 128ssd

My current screen is fine+ thunderbolt display.

Canon 7D with EF 70-300

Naim whole 500 series.

Clarinet Buffet E13

(picture probably later as i can't find one with everything in it and am too lazy right now to create one)

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

Rules for this thread are:
- No posting setups that are in other threads
(unless you already have your dream setup in which case you just take a pic of it)

- No posting other people's setups that you wish you had,
if you would like to do that just post a link not the actual photo
unless I'm missing something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.