Post Your Frame Rates

Discussion in 'Games' started by elbruelsio, Mar 5, 2007.

1. elbruelsio macrumors member

Mar 5, 2007
    Unofficial Gaming iMac Thread: Post Results Here
    I know I have gotten tired of looking for gaming results on the iMac, so I've decided it would be appropriate to collect one thread to host them all.

Here's how it should be done. (iMacs Only!!)

First in bold, type the name of your game.
    Second, post your iMac specs (Graphics Card, RAM & Processor)
    Thirdly, post your frame-rates.
    Next, please post whether your game was on XP (native only) or Mac OS X.
    Lastly, post any comments about performance you might have.

This should help prospective iMac buyers.
    Thanks for your participation.

And thanks to bobber205.
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Well generally I get 30-60fps when i'm walking around or driving

Ocasionally the framerate dips if I'm in a very busy pedestrian setting.

And then there are times when the my framerate is practically nil, usually when I'm sleeping :D
  3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Why do people start a "post your" thread but don't post what they got?
    Mines is simular to MRUs except my frame rate speeds up when a female is in my FOV.

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    I think he's considering switching to Mac and wants to know how gaming is. Since I don't do any Mac gaming (except snes9x, which I contributed to) I don't have any fps results to post. :(
  5. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2006
    Edgewater, NJ
    I play World of Warcraft, arguably a very graphics intense game, on my 1.83Ghz Rev. A MacBook Pro that upgraded to 2GB RAM. My framerates are good to great, dipping down as low as 18-20 in high traffic/particulated environment areas, and flying on up to 60fps at other times. I average around 30fps which is more than fast enough for WoW (and any other game, really) so I'm very happy with it. The RAM is really the most important thing. Of course, your results may vary depending on the game and how well it supports OpenGL. The folks at Blizzard's Mac department do an excellent job of doing this, other game developers may not.
  6. elbruelsio thread starter macrumors member

Mar 5, 2007
    So you want to know mine..

7 year old Dell XPS P3 500 Mhz
    384 Mb RAM
    GeForce MX440 64 Mb AGP card

Frame Rates??
    By the system specs I'm sure you can tell that I'm not playing WoW or Half Life 2. All I can really do is play Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II over and over and over again.

And yes, the other dude was right, I want to buy an iMac. I thought this could be a good thread for people curious about game performance. Sure I can search the forums but most people just say, "Half Life 2 looks great on my system!", and I'm looking for more than just a person's personal opinion of how the game looks. I want to know specifically what the specs of your systems are, what games you're playing on them, and the frame rates you are getting. So please do me a favor and let me know because mocking a person looking for help is funny, granted, but not very productive.