Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Do you have the P7's and if so, whatcha think?

Yes, I do. As it happens, I have the P3s, P5s, and P7s.

Well, I think that they are brilliant, but - weirdly - I actually prefer the P5s for everyday listening, for comfort and ease of use. I found the P7s a little tight at first - it took some time to wear them in - but the audio quality, (and the build quality) are superb.

Reactions: Amigaman

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Ok. V late night (slightly drunken) test. Sgt. Pepper, first 3 songs. P7's come out on top. Just more detail. QC25's, P7's, QC's, P7's, QC's then P7's to finish the album. Just more "oomph" if you know what I mean? Maybe the noise canceling takes something from the music with it?

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ok. V late night (slightly drunken) test. Sgt. Pepper, first 3 songs. P7's come out on top. Just more detail. QC25's, P7's, QC's, P7's, QC's then P7's to finish the album. Just more "oomph" if you know what I mean? Maybe the noise canceling takes something from the music with it?

Thanks for that.

I must say that I fully understand the concept of a 'slightly drunken' - but, yet completely objective yet solidly comprehensive comparative- test carried out on a Friday night. I carry out similar tests, illuminated by the insight afforded by alcohol, myself. And often on Fridays.

Inexplicably, I, too have been listening to Sgt Pepper's……..followed by the 'White' album….Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that...

Reactions: AVBeatMan

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Just bought BeoPlay H2 in carbon blue. I'm using a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P3s at the moment. I'm interested in seeing how they compare being the same price.

Attachments

• 811f2MnvF5L._SL1500_.jpg
    811f2MnvF5L._SL1500_.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just bought BeoPlay H2 in carbon blue. I'm using a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P3s at the moment. I'm interested in seeing how they compare being he same price.

I'll read your observations - and comparison - with interest, as I have the P3s myself, although I find the P5s a lot more comfortable.

Last edited:

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
I'll read your observations - and comparison - with interest, as I haver the P3s myself, although I find the P5s a lot more comfortable.

They turned up on Tuesday morning.

First impressions I love them. Probably on about 15 hours of usage at the moment. Sound is getting better and better. Really nice on the head, ear pads are really nice and comfy. I've been wearing them now for 7 hours while at work today, only taking them off during lunch.

Prefer them over the P3s. Which is a hard thing for me to say, being probably a B&W fanboy. I have the P5 series 2s, P7s and the in-ear C5s. Personally I think they sound better than the P3s and P5s. Can't match the P7s.

I was worried about the build quality being metal and polycarbonate. However they are built really well, lightweight but strong.

Couple of things I'm a little disappointed with -
  1. No carry pouch.
  2. They don't fold up.
  3. Zero accessories.
You just get the headphones and the MFI cable (which is excellent quality).

I'm on the look out for a good quality pouch, haven't found anything yet.

Last edited:

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
I was worried about the build quality being metal and polycarbonate. However they are built really well, lightweight but strong.

I was looking at these headphones myself; I read they were all plastic. Which parts are metal, exactly?

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
I was looking at these headphones myself; I read they were all plastic. Which parts are metal, exactly?

After a better look, I don't think it is metal. Strange as the band is cold to the touch. Must be the coating B&O have used. Tricked me that's for sure.

Last edited:

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Haven't been able to find a good carry pouch, so I've ordered a H6 pouch. Called my local B&O shop and said I've "lost" my original one!

qap

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Italy
Thanks, it's made with my Apple 6, nothing special (but I'm a photographer :D )

Anyway yes, they are really comfortable (I think the comfort is the best quality of this IEM), they came with a lot of ear tips, the cable behind the ear can be moulded to your ear shape, three filters for tune the sound, etc... they are only a bit weighty but is due to the high quality of materials and build!

EInzTUg.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks, it's made with my Apple 6, nothing special (but I'm a photographer :D )

Anyway yes, they are really comfortable (I think the comfort is the best quality of this IEM), they came with a lot of ear tips, the cable behind the ear can be moulded to your ear shape, three filters for tune the sound, etc... they are only a bit weighty but is due to the high quality of materials and build!

EInzTUg.jpeg

Thanks for the response and the comments.

In this context 'weighty' is good, as it denotes, as you have so rightly said, quality of build.

I'm glad that they are comfortable, and that you are enjoying getting use out of them.

And yes, both photographs are very well composed; a pleasure to look at (well, I'm a photographer, too, and I notice things such as pictorial composition).

Reactions: qap

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
What make are they? I see the brand but not sure I know it. As for comfort I have the B&W C5's and the Bose QC 2's. The B&W's sound better but I've never worn a more comfortable in ear than the Bose. They aren't exactly "in" ear, they kind of sit in the ear. Less obstructive, more comfortable.

qap

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Italy
What make are they? I see the brand but not sure I know it. As for comfort I have the B&W C5's and the Bose QC 2's. The B&W's sound better but I've never worn a more comfortable in ear than the Bose. They aren't exactly "in" ear, they kind of sit in the ear. Less obstructive, more comfortable.

RHA, the model is T10i: http://www.rha-audio.com/us/

Well I've tried the B&W C5 2 and they sound very good, but I don't like how they're made, this RHA are built 100 times better! And the price target is the same ($200), The B&W also fit very well but I prefer the IEM that fits from the "above" the ear, because they don't fall down when you unplug them from the ears :D

About the Bose...I simply don't like the "Bose sound" :)

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Might of asked this before but what do you guys use as an eq setting in iPhone? I've always thought that "off" is the best setting but a friend of mine swears in the "rock" setting?

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
After a better look, I don't think it is metal. Strange as the band is cold to the touch. Must be the coating B&O have used. Tricked me that's for sure.

It's an incredibly high quality plastic/resin, I think.

I just went to a B&O store and OH. MY. GOODNESS is the build quality and sound quality of their products just jaw dropping.

I listened to their 10+ thousand dollar speakers. Just absolutely floored.

I listened to their H6's with my own source material (they actually had an iPad that you could use for w/e music you want) and it was incredible. Truly worth the $400 price tag and then some.

I plan on making them my next pair of phones :D

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
It's an incredibly high quality plastic/resin, I think.

I just went to a B&O store and OH. MY. GOODNESS is the build quality and sound quality of their products just jaw dropping.

I listened to their 10+ thousand dollar speakers. Just absolutely floored.

I listened to their H6's with my own source material (they actually had an iPad that you could use for w/e music you want) and it was incredible. Truly worth the $400 price tag and then some.

I plan on making them my next pair of phones :D

I too had a little listen to the H6s and H8s, while I was in the store. Both really impressed me. I'll be adding the H8s to my collection at the end of the year with my bonus money.

Reactions: Tucom

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
I went for a run yesterday and put my Bluebuds in my shorts pocket afterwards. They obviously went into the wash by accident. Just tried turning them on and was pleasantly surprised that they are still working. I think that's very impressive. I just hope they hold up now.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Managed to buy the Bose QC 25's for £189 (brand new and sealed) from Amazon Spain. Couldn't resist at that price. Free delivery too. Thing is, they came from here in Britain where they're £269 on Amazon UK. Nuts, right?! As I've previously posted, they are not as good (sound wise) as my B&W P7's (not far off though) but they are extremely comfortable, by far the most I've ever tried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.