Post your ideal Mac GUI Mockups

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by graydecember, Jun 27, 2002.

1. graydecember macrumors member

The Macrumors Member who posted the "I Hate Aqua" thread inspired me- I too find the jellybean buttons and other 'lickable' aqua graphics to be garish and patronizing (although at least competantly rendered, unlike the wobbly WinXP teletubbies pablum).

I noticed a desktop wallpaper thread- why not combine the two concepts and have a thread devoted to mockups of what we believe the GUI *should* be like? At the very least, perhaps some industrious and energetic programmer can figure out how to put togerth an 'aqua themes' patch using some of the ideas...

(BTW, I don't own a mac and was forced to do this on a PC, so I had to hold back a bit on what I could represent)

I want a *simple*, limited-use-of-icons GUI, where there is only one way to get to a feature, not 2 or 3 or4; I don't want clutter or crap in the way... blah blah... and I don't want a dock, I want an apple menu you can put whatever you want in (and control things like you can in the dock). Trash should be just right clicking- there is no need of an 'actual' trash...

I've ranted about all this before, so there's no need to go on....

elliott

Attached Files:

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

that looks alright, but i think it's a bit too transparent. i just get the feeling that it's not really there. it's nice and simple, but a little extreme.

and what's wrong with the dock we've got now? i love it!