Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wallaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
All these clean desks are inspiring. I can't wait to graduate college, get a job, and actually have money for furniture instead of hand-me-downs. :eek:

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
So has anyone figured out a solution for getting some sort of hutch/shelving system for the Galant????

I'm thinkning about a Galant combo to replace my aging Ikea corner desk with hutch. I can't recycle this hutch for use on a Galant since it's falling apart.

Only two drawbacks I see to the Galant system. 1) No hutch of any kind available 2) No way to hide wires... no drop-leaf or other backing to hide things.

I was also looking at the Bush Advantage series. They've got a nice corner desk and hutch combo, but it's pricey.....

I like Galant because it's cheap and I can use different combos to get what I want.

Anyone??? :confused:

aliquis-

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I like how the Galant table looked.

I live in Sweden so well, IKEA isn't that special to me ;D, and it's 10 minutes away or so.

But I don't have a problem writing down where the stuff are, go fetch them and put them on the... err.. thing with wheels. What's the problem really?

Jerker is nice aswell and so is the Malm bed, althought I ended up with another one because my mom thought laminated wood wouldn't be that great, but the one I've taken instead is made out of soft wood so it scratches very easily, this doesn't mix well with my cats stretching habbits ;D

korndog2003

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Keyser, WV, USA
Their customer service is nothing amazing, but the staff were at least a little helpful when I went. I got a JONAS desk:

dsc0104jpgaw9.jpg

It's actually really well put together (by meeee), and pretty sturdy. Looks the bees knees tho imo...

LOL you sit on a bouncy ball? Rofl

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2007
I dont see how this IKEA thread ties into the materialism thing. After all, we all need furniture (desks, bed, bookshelves etc) in some capacity to live "right".

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
I love Ikea.. they have great stuff for not that much buck!

from them i own a desk, and a bookshelf, and also 2 lamps..
yea.. thats about it

Yes I know my desk is messy.. but hey im a senior in high school, what am I supposed to do! lol

Attachments

• P1030359.JPG
    P1030359.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 295
  • P1030360.JPG
    P1030360.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 375

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
wow nice pics here.
I will take some of my ikea furniture and post it too.
meanwhile i'm not sure if it has been posted here but ikea hacker's blog has some neat ideas how to mod ikea furniture.

it's definately worth a visit!

byakuya

Aug 6, 2007
I've just wandered round my house making a list of all the Ikea stuff.
Here's how it breaks down.

My room: (Medium Brown)
MALM chest of 3 drawers
MALM chest of 2 drawers
MALM Wardrobe

Sister #1's room: (Birch)
MALM chest of 3 drawers x2
Wardrobe
MALM chest of 2 drawers
MALM single bedframe

Sister #2's room: (Oak)
MALM chest of 4 drawers
MALM chest of 6 drawers
MALM Wardrobe
BENNO DVD/CD shelf unit x2

Parents' Room: (Oak)
HOPEN slim wardrobe frame x2
HOPEN wardrobe doors x2
KOMPLEMENT clothes rail x2
HOPEN bedside table x2
HOPEN chest of 4 drawers
BENNO DVD/CD shelf unit x2 (coming soon)

Sorry I don't have pictures of the setups!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Love the lighting conditions and all the wood. It's so cosy looking. I'm especially intrigued by the angled roof. I like that for a room. It creates the whole warm and cosy effect.

I've lived in a room with angled roof and i thought it was terrible, i'm not especially tall 6 foot 1 and it felt so claustrophobic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.