Post your latest incompatabilities

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fredstar, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2004
    Near London
    Hey all,

I love my mac and ever since switching 4 years ago it is horrible thinking of switching back. My mac can do 95% pcs can do but there comes really annoying and vital times where incompatabilities are a real problem.
    My recent annoyances:

-Lack of compatability with online aptitude test. REALLY annoying having to go round friends at a mutual time to do them on a pc
    -Powerpoint. GRRRRRR. You piece of crap. Why whenever I have to open a document I spend a good 4 minutes waiting for this macro crap to process and in one of my mathematical modules some of the long equations come out a block of black which is so frustrating. And then when compiling a powerpoint for a uni presentation most of the effects/images and effects working. UGH.

There have been other incidents as well where the incompatability of a mac is a nuisance that I could do without. Now I have an intel mac I will get round to getting windows on there, but I really shouldn't have to do that to carry out these things.
    Sorry guys, just needed to get it out. Post your latest annoying incompatabilities.
  2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    @the aplidude test, download Camino and CamiTools, then go to Camino==>Preferences==>CamiTools and change the user-agent to IE for Windows ;). (unless they use Active X for some crazy reason.)