Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
I purchased this Malm desk this past weekend. Still need a monitor and chair. Which monitor do you have in the picture?

What monitor is that? Awesome setup!

Thank you very much! The monitor is the LG IPS237L, as per the name it's a 23-inch IPS display @ 1920x1080.

It's 2 years old by now so there might be other/better/cheaper options but back then it was a very nice looking IPS display for the price :)

Reactions: MacNerd1239

Geekazoid

Suspended
Sep 20, 2012
It's 2 years old by now so there might be other/better/cheaper options but back then it was a very nice looking IPS display for the price :)

I'm currently looking at getting three of these for a future custom PC build.

image.jpg

barca bear

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
Nice setup mate! 10/10 :)

Just a note though, I noticed in your sig you've put that your MacBook Air has a 125GB SSD, I think you meant 128GB, as they don't make 125GB SSDs. Just thought I'd mention that so you don't look like a goose. :)

oops! Fixed it now, thanks!

NinjaDuck

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ZiHsIdR.jpg

Here's my setup.

Late 2012 Mac Mini, 2.3GHz Intel Core i7, 10gb RAM, 1Tb 5400rpm drive. (Dual SSD upgrade in the near future :) )

2x Dell Ultrasharp U2412m in portrait running natively from the mini

1x Dell Ultrasharp U2312hm in landscape running off an Apple TV in extended display mode. Working flawlessly for videos and static documents

Apple Wireless Keyboard

Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000, Getting long in the tooth, looking to upgrade to the Logitech MX Master

Samsung 40" 1080p LED TV wall mounted to the wall

BEST OF ALL Cable management tray - IKEA SIGNUM! Best investment I've made so far!

Been planning to place my landscape monitor (the one to the right) on a monitor arm. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

hellfire88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Maybe I should start my own thread, but can you guys suggest a nice-ish L-shaped desk (budget: <$1,000)? I'm moving to a new home and want to get myself a new desk this time (I've been previously using ~$80 "Staples Sale specials").

In terms of layout, I'm kinda old-fashioned (in terms of desk layout) so looking for a desk with built-in drawers and maybe the tall cubby for a ATX desktop PC. Most of the desks I'm seeing nowadays are just the table-top and legs with no built-in storage. I guess I can get one of those and add a movable/wheeled storage cabinet. However, for the aesthetic I do like the more modern look with the clean lines (Ikea-like, etc.). I've checked my local stores, Ikea, etc. and can't really find many desks with built-in storage and of good quality. For dimensions I would say as long as both sides of the 'L' are under 7feet it will fit. It will also have to fit an LG 34" (34um95) monitor. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Went from this...
And just moved to my new house last week, didn't unpack the 32-inch screen yet but I think I am going to stick with this setup for now. Sorry for the crappy photo, I didn't unpack my camera either!

Because of the angle of the shot, I thought that was an iPad Mini, not an iPhone 6 Plus. :oops:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.