Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Thanks! The goal is to have it as clean as possible while still maintaining good functionality.

I got the trackpad after I got tired of wrist pain since the Magic Mouse has horrible hand support. It was a little weird at first since the iMac screen is so much larger than the Macbooks. But after awhile its really really nice to use the trackpad. The larger trackpad size makes things like 'three finger drag' lovely to use while working, editing photos, etc.

I really like the new keyboard. It feels "fresh". Hard to describe it, but it doesn't feel as chunky as the old one, which makes typing a bit faster as well as more controlled. The larger buttons sure does wonders.

The cost to upgrade was a tough pill to swallow but definitely worth it in the long run. The only thing I'd love more than this keyboard is a mechanical keyboard with blue switches. Nothing beats that. Except my girlfriend who would be beating my head with it if I got one.

Also, being able to charge it with lightning is pretty sweet. I always have a cable connected to the computer to charge my phone while working, so being able to use that same cable to charge up both the keyboard as well as the trackpad is a major improvement over switching batteries.

Would definitely recommend both of them.

Well I have the older version of the wireless keyboard and trackpad. Sucks to have to keep changing the batteries. But they do work pretty well otherwise. Does the new trackpad have a physical click like the old one or is it more "force touch"?

Dubadai

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
Well I have the older version of the wireless keyboard and trackpad. Sucks to have to keep changing the batteries. But they do work pretty well otherwise. Does the new trackpad have a physical click like the old one or is it more "force touch"?

Force Touch, which I personally prefer as well since you can click anywhere with ease. As well as activate Silent Click.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
A little update. New desk!

Found this BlueLounge StudioDesk XL second hand from a company who were switching desks. Paid 200USD for it, and considering the 800USD price for a new one, I couldn't resist. So I got it!

Perfect condition!

Here is the desk with everything assembled.

Macbook 12" Early 2016
iMac Retina Late 2014

8Dtivdw.jpg

bl9BCdC.jpg

dqVB6EK.jpg

200 for that desk is a steal. I would do that for that desk any day given the chance. You sure are lucky.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Found this BlueLounge StudioDesk XL second hand from a company who were switching desks. Paid 200USD for it, and considering the 800USD price for a new one, I couldn't resist. So I got it!

Perfect condition!

Macbook 12" Early 2016
iMac Retina Late 2014

8Dtivdw.jpg

Tell me about the black mat under the keyboard/trackpad. Is that part of the desk or is it separate? I have something similar, but I like how yours wraps around the front of the desk ... seems like it would help hold it in place. Mine "walks" around the desktop and I use it and bump it.

Dubadai

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
200 for that desk is a steal. I would do that for that desk any day given the chance. You sure are lucky.
I sure was :D, and he was selling them both for 300USD, but my girlfriend didn't want one sooooo. Haha.

I would never have paid the full new price for this desk, since there are so many other nice desks out there that are less than half the price.

Tell me about the black mat under the keyboard/trackpad. Is that part of the desk or is it separate? I have something similar, but I like how yours wraps around the front of the desk ... seems like it would help hold it in place. Mine "walks" around the desktop and I use it and bump it.

Yeah so the black mat covers the cable management box which resides under the desk, so its part of the desk. Hence why it wraps so nicely around the desk. It was a little bit broken around the place where it wrapped around, so I had to glue it, but it seems to work just fine!

Its nice to have the leather cover since it keeps everything in place, as well as a nice rest for the arms. I'm gonna try to buy a new once from the since the one I got with the desk was quite used!

JeremyMignolet

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
Kester, Belgium

Perfect condition!

Macbook 12" Early 2016
iMac Retina Late 2014

Very nice desk. I love how the Beats matches your setup, the color is perfect.
I'm using myself a pair of Beats which are 3 or 4 years old now and using it while doing workouts. Now it smells so bad since I'm wearing it & sweating at the same time. So thinking about buying a new one, cause sometimes the headphones are giving weird sounds so I think it's slightly dying. :p

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
Hi, Where did you get that skull? and where do you purchase all those statues and stuff?
Online mostly. The only hard-to-find things in the picture are the Ludwig Van Ultraviolence bust (by Frank Kozik) and the big Martian tripod (by me).

librarylove

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio

Perfect condition!

Macbook 12" Early 2016
iMac Retina Late 2014

Great work space!

Mezelluf

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2016
Belgium
Here's mine:
IMG_8627[1].JPG

What's in the picture:
- Apple iMac 27" 5K late 2015.
- Apple Thunderbolt 27" display.
- Apple MacBook Pro 13" late 2011.
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9 Space Grey.
- Apple iPad Air 2 Gold.
- Apple iPhone SE Gold.
- Apple Watch 42mm Gold.
- Apple Magic Keyboard 2.
- Apple Magic Mouse 2.
- Apple Trackpad 2.
- Apple USB Superdrive.
- Beats Solo2 Wireless Gold.
- Edifier M1380 speakers.
- SanDisk ImageMate card reader.
- LaCie 2Tb Porsche Design extern HDD.
- Apple iPhone lightning docks Gold.
- i-Depot Gold iPad dock.
- Elago premium headphone stand Gold.
- Logi BASE iPad Pro stand.

What's not in the picture:
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus Gold.
- Apple iPhone 4 Black.
- Apple iPhone 3GS Black.
- Apple Time Capsule 2Tb.
- Alienware Aurora R4 ALX.
- LG 42" SmartTV.
- MadCatz S.T.R.I.K.E 7 keyboard.
- Razer Naga Epic Chroma mouse.
- Logitech MX Air laser mouse.
- WD My Book 2Tb extern HDD.
- Edifier M1380 speakers.

And probably alot more I forgot to mention..
So yes, I have two setups, a gaming setup and my daily used Apple setup. But the only things that really matters are the Apple products! :)

Alot more have to come! I have both iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Jet Black on order and also my Mac Pro, can't wait!

Oh, by the way. I'm currently busy making my iMac a triple setup. I already have the second Apple Thunderbolt 27" display that will come on the left side. The only thing I still need to order are my wall mounts.

Stay tuned for more updates on my desk!

Kindest Regards,
Dylan

Last edited:

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
Thought I'd update you guys because I got a real Mac Pro! Needed something with more grunt for FCPX and Motion 5 that my mid-2010 15" MBP could handle.

DSC00493_web_01_small_zpsn6ypqmqw.jpg

My Gaming PC, or the other side of the room.

DSC00491_web_01_small_zpsye1x7x6g.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.