Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bwa

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Boston & San Jose
It's been a while since I've posted here. Currently running the 2013 Mac Pro with a bunch of Thunderbolt Areca RAIDs, the Dell 43" 4K monitor that came out this year with a 27" on the left... enjoy. IMG_4286.jpg

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
It has been a while ago since I last posted my setup, in the meantime we moved to a new apartment. Now we're settled in and I figured I could make a picture :)

yQ5DJ13.jpg

tYKKrQN.jpg

Won't lie, I thought there was some kind of large feral creature in the right chair.

Reactions: bokkow

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Slight mod for current work. When I start my real job in january I'll be taking the Dell with me. This is the first time I've utilized a vertical display - man it's incredible! :eek:

There's nothing better when you're reviewing documents all day! And yes, that's a real pumpkin because why not.

IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG

That's a Dell Ultrasharp 24" 1200p display and an Asus 27" 1440p display.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Awesome setup!!! Any idea where I can buy that skull?
I got mine at the Jazz Funeral shop in the French Quarter in New Orleans. They had them on top of a carriage and I am tall, so I was able to reach it. I am not sure if it was even for sale, but they checked in the back and gave me a price on it. They are probably more for decoration in the store, but they may sell you one if you call them.
2116576_JscSn5Td0WjzFmxl-g_XQjJBsWzMDMXxM8jpyKL07bg.jpg

You can pick them up for free in many places. Just need a spade!
I can't comment on how they get them, but the place is called Jazz Funeral for a reason.

Reactions: theSeb

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
What kind of audio interface or DAC are you using with those speakers into the Mac?

Thank you
If you are referring to my setup (not sure that you are), I use a DACMagic for two channel audio and feed that into a Heed Canamp and it feeds analog to an Onkyo TX646 receiver which feeds the 5.1 speaker setup in the room.

I also feed an HDMI (thunderbolt - to dock - HDMI - receiver) into the same receiver, so I can listen to surround sound if I need it (although it is rare that I need it from my computer).

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
If you are referring to my setup (not sure that you are), I use a DACMagic for two channel audio and feed that into a Heed Canamp and it feeds analog to an Onkyo TX646 receiver which feeds the 5.1 speaker setup in the room.

I also feed an HDMI (thunderbolt - to dock - HDMI - receiver) into the same receiver, so I can listen to surround sound if I need it (although it is rare that I need it from my computer).
Thanks for that, I meant to quote TW!SM, but thats useful as I'm searching for some DAC for some new speakers myself.

Curious on your DAC/Audio interface :)

Reactions: Uofmtiger

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
@northernmunky
@PatriotInvasion
@qap
@Daze513

Could any of you post some shots of your LED light placement behind your devices? Do you stick it to the back of the computers themself or the wall?
Mine is adhered to the back of the desk. Lights point at the wall and reflect upward behind the iMac. I bought the Satechi USB LED strip which can plug into either the iMac itself or a USB charging brick like what comes with an iPhone. No hassle and the strip was like $15 on Amazon.

Reactions: Traverse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.