Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present! (Part 7)

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by xpjx, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Mod Note: Here is a list of the previous threads
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 4)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 5)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 6)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 7) <- This thread
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 8)

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the picture that a post is referring to, you can press this button: [​IMG].

For large images (over ~800 pixels wide), please use [/SIZE][/B] tags rather than plain old [img] tags

[b]We ask that everyone [U]refrains from reposting the same image in multiple threads[/U]. That includes the "Under 18" as well as "Post Your Mac Setup" threads.

We do realize that this will still sometimes occur. If/when that happens, please report it by clicking on the "Report Post" icon ([IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif) and include a link to both posts. Thank you.

in our office. :)

[​IMG]
    --
    [​IMG]
    :apple:

2. KC2
    macrumors regular

3. macrumors 6502

Nice, How do you like the mac pro, just a random question.

4. macrumors member

Nicholas Mosher

So far so good. I'm getting into 3D modeling/animation, and I needed something that could render faster than the 2.0GHz C2D in my Macbook. At school I run everything from Cinema 4D to AutoCAD to Mathematica to Office Apps... usually at the same time. I plan to fully take advantage of the multiple display capabilities of the Mac Pro as my funds replenish from last week's hit. I'm gonna' have to use bootcamp for AutoCAD most likely, but everything else I run is available for the Mac.

I use Mac Pros almost every day at school in the modeling lab, but now I'm glad I have one at home that is available 24/7 for my needs! :) :apple:

5. macrumors member

I think you should set up a 2nd display and just run parallels. Probably easier than keep re-booting.

6. macrumors member

Nicholas Mosher

I've heard that AutoCAD has compatibility issues with Parallels... is there any truth to this?
    -----
    Although I really liked the 30" ACD, it wasn't in my budget. This setup alone was close to $4500!
    To be honest, I'm not sure the 30" would have worked in our small office... I do have limited space as I'm sure you can see.
    Another 23" ACD might be in the works... I'll have to figure out another way to illuminate my desk though, as my favorite lamps will be displaced.

Someday when I build my own home (or rebuild an old one) I'll be able to design a workspace that allows more displays.
    It's definitely a setback to not have everything up and available to work on at once. Oh well... I can manage with this "compromise"... :D

7. macrumors P6

dukebound85

probably as parallels does not have direct access to the graphics card

i dont know for sure though but it would not surprise me in the least

8. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This will be my very last setup in California. :D Figured I'd make good use of it.

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 6502a

JG271

10. macrumors 68040

queshy

I love the "classic" ACD so much better than the new one...nice set up. If you have spare time you can buy an Ikea Signum for $20 which will help you manage those unsightly wires.

11. macrumors 6502

What about vmware fusion?

12. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have it BUT, there are two large power surge protectors in that bin with so many wires that the Signum won't hold everything. The power brick to the ACD is on the Signum as well as a Firewire hub and a couple other things.

The wires don't bug me much and I'm not investing any time in fixing things now that I am leaving come end of year.

At least they're all in one bin. ;)

13. macrumors 68040

queshy

Hah, that's too bad then about the signum. I really jammed mine up...it's holding power bars, modems, etc.

Yeah, I guess the bin is better than nothing. besides the wires show way more in picture than in real life. Again, I love the display...can't wait til I'm older and can actually have a need for such a big/nice monitor, for now my 24" white iMac will suffice.

14. macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i want your desk haha. it looks sturdy and roomy, where did you buy it?

15. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Is that a bullet next to the Apple Remote? :eek: :confused:

16. macrumors 65816

skyrider007

looks like a lipstick to me

17. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

TBH the 24" iMac is nothing to sneeze at and you're right, I don't see the wires and my chair is always pushed in. So ... short of someone wanting to actually come over and take care of my wires for me, there they shall stay. When I move I think I'll hire a man toy for a month to do all the little things I haven't any desire to do ... and some things I do have a desire to do. :D

30" is nice and I started to get wiggly about the rumored updates as well. Once that new ACD hit I was nearly giddy knowing it wasn't something I'd ever want to purchase.

18. macrumors newbie

*Official Computer Room Pictures*

Hey Guys,

I did this thread over at www.overclock.net over a year ago now. It is a very popular topic with almost 5000 posts. Its a great way to show off your computer rooms and get inspiration and ideas from other members.

If you want post a couple of pics of your computer room/setup.

If you want, comment on the Person above you and give them a rating out of 10.

Laters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. macrumors 65816

vohdoun

When did you get the Mac Pro, jessica.?

Damn!

20. macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Awesome set up... Just one question... why didnt you get the big mousepad? hahah jk. I have same one and love it. I like your plane collection too! you should get the JU 52; one of my Great Grandfathers planes.

21. macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Geez 3 monitors, a macbook, and a tv all in the same room this thread seems like a great way to show your wealth lol :p

But nice room man love all the things you have, i wish i had them.

ChrisN

22. macrumors 6502

What is that verizon thing?

23. macrumors 6502

mum and dad didnt let him use other rooms for his junk :p

24. macrumors member

Where did you buy those desk from?

Nice setup .

25. macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Liking the table, glass :D

Nice, big and clean room ;) - unlike mines :D